Author Topic: List of countries that have members  (Read 4396 times)

Online Bruce Breen

List of countries that have members
« on: August 15, 2016, 04:09:33 PM »
Hi everyone,
Has anyone ever made a list of all the countries where forum members live, and posted the result on the site?
A summary page or maybe a link to Google Maps or something like that...?

I think it would be very interesting to see which countries have members, how many are in those countries, and maybe even the cities & towns where they live in those countries.

(I'm not trying to create any work for anyone, just wondering if anyone has ever done this before?)

Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950 & PSR-2100

Offline Graham UK

Re: List of countries that have members
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 01:42:41 AM »
It would be easier if every member filled in their Profile.
Which is also helpful when replying to requests.
T2 + NP30

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 08:18:22 AM »
I agree with Graham.  I always look at the information in a member's profile when interacting with them.  It would be very helpful to see this information completed.

I keep an Excel database on the members that I interact with frequently.  I like to personalize my messages with members appropriately and my database helps me to do that by referring to previous notes I've made.  After a short while I don't need to refer to this database any longer, because my many friends here become my online family.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 05:08:06 AM »
It would be nice if we had little flags next to our names like some forums do. I am from Essex in the UK.

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 07:03:00 AM »
Hi,

I think some of us listed our resident countries in our profiles.  However, tedious to look up profiles.
Yes, nice to know countries represented .   As for me,, grew up in Minnesota  USA,, transferred over to Copenhagen, Denmark at age 40
and  5 years ago moved home to Safed, Israel....
Graham, hope this helps...

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 08:15:42 AM »
Hi Bubbles,

It's not really tedious to check a member's profile, as least for me.

Just click on the member's username, above their profile picture, and their profile information will promptly be displayed.  I hope this helps you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline techlectics

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 09:34:47 AM »
Bob from Fallbrook, California, the Avocado capital of the world. Fallbrook is in northern San Diego. A flag under the avatar is a good idea.
Regards,
Bob W. (Techlectics)

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 10:21:20 AM »
It wouldn't be difficult for each member to incorporate their country flag in their profile picture by embedding it in with the photo they use.  Some members already use a country flag as their profile picture.  I wonder how many of us would go scurrying to find a picture of the country flag to even be able to identify it.  Would this really solve anything?

Another option would be for Each member to simply embed their City, State, Providence, etc. and Country in text format in their profile picture.

If members would like to do this voluntarily, that would be great.  I don't; however, believe we should burden Joe Waters with this task.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Online Joe H

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 11:15:00 AM »
Some people like their privacy and choose to not provide any more info than the minimum requirements.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline FredrikC

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 11:30:05 AM »
My profile says that I live in Central Florida (USA).  However, that information doesn't show up on the left.  The advantage to using the Profile information is that the member can be as open or cryptic as they would like to be.

Pity.  That would have made life a bit easier.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:31:42 AM by FredrikC »
Fred

Yamaha: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, DX-7, SY-99 (last two in attic)
Other: Kronos2 88, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, eMu MPS (also in attic)
RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 11:50:14 AM »
Hi Joe H,

You are absolutely correct about some members liking their privacy, which is why I indicated providing this information voluntarily.  My profile is information is complete and I'm quite comfortable with providing it, but I full well understand, as do you, that some people simply don't wish to provide this information for personal reasons.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Online Bruce Breen

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 03:41:47 PM »
I'm all for privacy as well...
When I started this topic, I was just being curious in wondering if anyone had ever tallied the number (only) of members in each country - and that would only be based on info already freely given by the members.

I thought it would be interesting info, that's all...I certainly wouldn't want to impose on anyone's privacy!

For myself, my signature below tells everyone where I am  :) !
Bruce Breen

Offline Beatriz

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 06:51:51 PM »
Hi Bruce
Regards from Curitiba, Parana
Brazil  :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:57:38 PM by Beatriz »
My best regards,
Beatriz

"If we all waited until we were perfect musicians before we played an instrument, there would be no music in the world." (James Aebersold)

Online Bruce Breen

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 07:44:53 PM »
Hi Beatriz!
From the location info you gave, it looks like you are about 500-600 km from Rio de Janeiro...
So I assume that you are probably too far away to be enjoying any of the Olympic games in person?

Thanks for your location info - and nice to make contact with someone so far away from my home!
Bruce Breen

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 10:44:57 PM »
It looks like there are no many members living in the Far East ( China, Japan etc. ) and Russia  ... or am I wrong ?
Language problem, maybe ? ::)

Best regards from The Netherlands, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 11:02:55 PM »
Hi Joe H,

You are absolutely correct about some members liking their privacy, which is why I indicated providing this information voluntarily.  My profile is information is complete and I'm quite comfortable with providing it, but I full well understand, as do you, that some people simply don't wish to provide this information for personal reasons.

Hi,, that is why I mentioned using the profile page to include that country information.. so whoever is interested can check out that
page... or whoever wishes privacy does not have to include that information.
Or some folks like to include that information on their avatar, picture  posts... voila......
In any event looks like we have a nice assortment of representative countries, keeping in mind that there are other yammie
forums in other languages. 

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline DerekA

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 02:07:17 AM »
Hello from Edinburgh, Scotland.

At this time of year, during the annual festival and fringe, the city is full of visitors from all over the world and they are all very welcome.
S770

Offline SciNote

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 03:17:33 AM »
My profile says that I live in Central Florida (USA).  However, that information doesn't show up on the left.  The advantage to using the Profile information is that the member can be as open or cryptic as they would like to be.

Pity.  That would have made life a bit easier.

Central Florida?  I'm in Altamonte Springs!
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Offline broker22

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 05:53:49 AM »
Cambridge,on. Canada

Offline Beatriz

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 07:58:04 AM »
Hi Bruce!
In fact I'm about 840 km from Rio... yes, too far to enjoy the Olympic games in person.
It was a pleasure to talk to you too.  :D
My best regards,
Beatriz

"If we all waited until we were perfect musicians before we played an instrument, there would be no music in the world." (James Aebersold)

Online Bruce Breen

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 06:23:36 PM »
Hi broker22,
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada?
Wow, we are only about 8-10 km away from each other!
Nice...!

And really nice to see so many members sharing where they are from- what a global community we have here!
And so many more have introduced themselves over the years under the Hello Everyone! topic board.

All the best in music to everyone out there in this great big wonderful PSR world!
Bruce Breen

Offline broker22

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 06:24:31 AM »
Hi Bruce ya we are close neighbors nice to meet you  Cal.