Author Topic: Its time to say hello after sitting back for so long.  (Read 1364 times)

Offline norgon

Its time to say hello after sitting back for so long.
« on: August 14, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »
I am a member with no musical or computer skills whatsoever.However after retiring a few years ago and buying an electronic organ I did manage to find middle "c" and learnt to read easy play music.Then I bought a Tyros 2 but hadn't a clue how to manipulate files and the like.Then I found PSR Tutorial and with the help many of the talented people on there I have learned a tremendous amount of stuff which as made me a far happier pensioner.Thank you very much I wish I was able to help people like you have helped me.

Offline Ray Eyden

Re: Its time to say hello after sitting back for so long.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 01:44:08 PM »
Hi Norgon

Welcome aboard, this really is a great place to be.

:)
All the Best
Ray

Derby England

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 03:01:49 PM »
Hi Norgon,

Welcome to PSR Tutorial and the forum, which is a great keyboard website as you already know.  And to echo, Ray (bantam); this really is a great place to be.

I know you have visited here before, but just to remind you, you'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.

This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

In due time you may want to consider becoming a supporting member; however, there is no obligation to do so.  Becoming a supporting member will provide access to other forum boards, which will give you additional member benefits.

We're glad that you have decided to become a member.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 05:08:02 PM »
Norgon:

I think that many of our members have lived the same story... none of us really knew how to make music or operate these wonderful instruments before we purchased one.

And the documentation that came with the instruments was not at all able to reveal the true capability and control that is available.

I started out with the first midi synth(Roland Jupitar 6) in 84 and by the time I purchased my first PSR, I had 4-5 synths, plus drum machines, signal processors, mixers,controlling/recording computer, etc, etc.

After I purchased the PSR-740 and realized that the instrument had almost all I needed to make music already built in, I sold the the other gear. I have never been sorry and today am a Tyros 5 user.

As a hobby player, in the early days, my play time was after a long day's work. With the old "rigs", it would take considerable time just to turn it all on and make it talk together. Often, I only had limited time to play.

With the arrangers, it was all in one. Play live, play with a style or multipad, record, edit...  all available in an instant.

And now, with resources such as PSR Tutorial, information, files, and personal assistance 24/7 is only a few clicks away.

Thank you for letting us know that it has made a difference.

Regards,

Michael

Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 12:37:08 AM »
norgon. Your comments reflect the way I started many years ago. It will be frustrating at times (many times).
I now play every day before lunch and with a glass of Whisky or Gin I appear to play much better...or it makes me think I do ?.

graham uk
T2 + NP30

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 05:39:14 AM »
Welcome ! :)
Enjoy your membership, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN