Author Topic: harmony stops  (Read 1204 times)

Offline hopeville

harmony stops
« on: August 04, 2016, 04:48:13 PM »
I have a psrs970  my question is how do you maintain harmony during song breaks..my acmp is on but when I press sync start to create a break my harmony cuts out...thanks in advance for a way to solve this problem..BriaN:-)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: harmony stops
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:54:56 PM »
I have a psrs970  my question is how do you maintain harmony during song breaks..my acmp is on but when I press sync start to create a break my harmony cuts out...thanks in advance for a way to solve this problem..BriaN:-)

Are you talking about vocal harmony, or keyboard harmony? If vocal harmony, is it done by the PSR, or an external device?

When you say "sync start to create a break", what do you mean? Is the style playing when you press Sync Start?

When does the harmony cut out? As soon as you press sync start, or when you resume playing?

Sync Start should not affect harmony. Registrations would, though -- are you using any registrations?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline hopeville

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:03:02 PM »
Hi Fred..thanks for the reply...yes it is vocal harmony that cuts out and yes I'm using registration files....the style is playing when I press sync start..as soon as I do that the vocal cuts out as soon as I press sync start again and it starts playing the harmony resumes???

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 05:53:21 PM »
Hi Fred..thanks for the reply...yes it is vocal harmony that cuts out and yes I'm using registration files....the style is playing when I press sync start..as soon as I do that the vocal cuts out as soon as I press sync start again and it starts playing the harmony resumes???

Sounds like your problem is that the keyboard doesn't know what chord to harmonize to, so it does nothing.

One option you have is to turn the style volume down to zero, rather than stopping the style.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jimo

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »

Or setting a foot switch to"volume" and depressing for a break.

Cheers Jim.

Offline david.uk61

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 07:46:36 AM »
Hi Brain,

You can switch off the rhythm1 and rhythm2 button so that your vocal harmony wont be stopped.

regards,
David

Offline DonM

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 10:53:52 AM »
... or you could buy a Ketron; the harmonizer on there remembers the last chord and doesn't cut off.  You can play chords without the style running and the harmonizer follows you.  Great feature!
I wish Yamaha and Korg did the same.  On my Korg I use Break/Fill, which is assigned to one of the buttons on my foot controller.  Also pressing sync/start on the Korg does not stop the style.  I have it always on.  I end the song by using an ending or on rare occasion, hitting Stop.  There is also a Sync/Stop button but I rarely use it.
DonM