Author Topic: MIDI control of accompaniment on PSR-520  (Read 753 times)

Offline jreynolds

MIDI control of accompaniment on PSR-520
« on: August 03, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »
I have built an Arduino MIDI controller that sends out NoteOn commands to the lower keys that allow chording in the PSR-520 auto-accompaniment.  However, even when the "one-finger" mode is chosen, the MIDI command only plays the single note I want, but does not generate the chording.  (Pressing the equivalent key on the keyboard DOES generate the chording.)  I read in the forum that "some of the newer PSRs" may allow MIDI control of auto-accompaniment.  I guess the 520 is not considered "newer"?  Is there any other way to control the auto-chording/auto-accompaniment via MIDI?  And if not, can anyone tell me which (if any) newer keyboards might allow this?  Thanks.  Jack

Offline Joe H

Re: MIDI control of accompaniment on PSR-520
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:11:49 PM »
The higher priced arranger had a MIDI Data List book that provides all the MIDI implementation for that instrument.  So down loading the datas list book with each model will tell.  I believe all the "S" series PSRs have the capabilitiy.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html