Author Topic: PSR 650 Style creation  (Read 1584 times)

Offline david.uk61

PSR 650 Style creation
« on: July 31, 2016, 11:55:03 PM »
Hello every one,

I have a question, please suggest me some idea,

In my PSR 650 keyboard i am trying to create my own style using style creation option.

however there is one particular option i am missing out, the issue is i could not cancel a particular Drum patch in the Rhythm 1.
i first composed a drum beat in rhythm 1 and added a high hat sound to it, unfortunately i made a mistake in the High Hat section. so how to erase only High hat keeping the main Drum loop same?

any suggestion is very much useful in my style creation journey.

Please help.

thanks,
David   

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: PSR 650 Style creation
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:36:04 AM »
Hi David,

There is a function within Style Creator on my Tyros4 called 'Rhythm Clear'.   This allows you to delete all instances of a specific drum sound from a recorded rhythm track for a given style section.

From page 39 of the 'PSR-S650 Reference Manual' (which is not the Owner's Manual), it looks as if there is a similar function available in the PSR-S650 Style Creator.   Here is a link to the relevant UK Yamaha Downloads web page if you haven't already got a copy of the Reference Manual...

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=uk.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16084&category_id3=&product_id=1562993   

To use the function you set the relevant rhythm track to record, press 'Start/Stop' to start recording, then hold down the '-' (negative) button and press the key relating to the drum sound that you want to clear.  You can do this at any time - you don't have to wait until the specific voice is sounding.  On my T4 you can 'clear' a drum whether the track is started or not, but it must be armed to record (REC).  It's probably the same on the S650.  However it is convenient to have the track playing because you will instantly hear the results as the track loops.

So in this case you need to find out beforehand which key (note) is used for the Hi Hat in the drum kit that you used for the recording.

After 'clearing' the sound/s, you simply release the '-' button and press 'Start/Stop' to exit the function.

If this works the same as the function in my T4 then it should delete all occurrences of the Hi Hat in that track, without affecting any other drum sounds.  Remember that it only works with one style section at a time, so if you want to clear the Hi Hat from another section too (i.e an Intro, Main, Fill, Break or  Ending), you will have to repeat the process for each section.

If this function doesn't work as expected, then you probably need to copy the style to USB  and use a Yamah style friendly computer program such as Michael Bedesem's 'MixMaster' to delete the relevant notes.  This can be downloaded from this link...   http://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:47:29 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline david.uk61

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 07:48:09 AM »
Hey wow,  :) :) :)

thank you so much Ian ;) ;), yes, the first option worked fine for me, now i can delete any separate patch in the style creation option.  :) :)

Thank you so much for the detail explanation, it was so helpful.

Regards,
David

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 09:10:36 AM »
Great info

Thanks Ian

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 03:08:01 PM »
Where is the "-" negative button located?

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 04:47:39 PM »
Hi Drake,

The instructions that I gave to David were for the PSR-S650 and keyboards that use that style of operating system.

On the S9xx/S7xx and Tyros keyboards, one of the A to J buttons is used to clear rhythm sounds instead of the '-' negative button.

In Style Creator, when you arm either RHY1 or RHY2 to record (REC), you should see a box marked 'RHY CLEAR' light up on the left of the screen above the track icons.

On your PSR-S950 it is next to the 'E' button.   This is the button to push and hold to clear drum sounds, equivalent to the '-' button in the instructions I gave for the S650.

Regards

Ian

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 06:06:00 PM »
Thanks Ian,

I got to admit, I never noticed that "RHY CLEAR" before and I work on that screen a lot.

Regards
Drake