Author Topic: Half page music  (Read 951 times)

Offline bellowsboy

Half page music
« on: July 03, 2016, 09:32:38 AM »
Advice please. I have a piece of music which only fills half a page, is there a way to fill the page out say by inserting space. I use WPS (Kingsoft) and Finale print music 2014.  Dave

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Half page music
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 10:30:39 AM »
Advice please. I have a piece of music which only fills half a page, is there a way to fill the page out say by inserting space. I use WPS (Kingsoft) and Finale print music 2014.  Dave

I don't know what Kingsoft, but in Finale it's easy. Here's what I do.

1. I expand the music using the % menu, say to about 130%. You need to ensure you click on an unused portion of the sheet to get the Page % menu. Often it will give you the Note % menu.

2. Once the music mostly fills the page (or you've skipped step 1), use the Page menu, then choose Space Systems Evenly. If it doesn't do it properly, it means you haven't defined your system to encompass your line of music properly. Again, in the Page menu, use the handles to properly surround your line of music.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline bellowsboy

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 11:21:58 AM »
Brilliant Fred, went first time. I worked up to almost page fill, this did work out at 100%. Many thanks for your help.    Dave

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 11:27:17 AM »
Brilliant Fred, went first time. I worked up to almost page fill, this did work out at 100%. Many thanks for your help.    Dave

Glad I could help.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons