Author Topic: Midi file in song creator  (Read 1716 times)

Offline AviX

Midi file in song creator
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:22:02 PM »
Hi

I have a midi file I like to modify.
When I changing a line in song creator to ctrl / BANK MSB and go to the next block it automatically deletes the line.
Why is that? Is it only possible to change to ctrl in Tyros 4/5 ??

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Midi file in song creator
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »
Hi AviX,

The displayed list of MIDI events on the 1-16 page of Song Creator can be filtered to only show certain types of event, and I suspect that this is what is causing your problem.

The default setting for the filter does not include Control Change events, although you can add one or change an existing event to one.

However if the filter is set to exclude them from the list, then as soon as you move off the line that you have modified, it will disappear from the displayed list!   :o

However the new event is still in the song, but to see it you need to enable the Ctrl event type in the filter.

To see and change what is displayed by the filter, press the FILTER button (H button on a T3) and the display will show the list of event types currently selected to include.  If as I suspect, Control Change is not selected then you need to select it, along with any other event type/s that you want to see. 

Personally I tend to work with ALL types selected most of the time but that is up to you.  Once you are happy with the selection, press EXIT to return to the 1-16 event page.  Hopefully you will now see the Ctrl event that you have just added, although you may need to scroll up or down the list to see it.

On my T4, once the filter is 'set' it will remain like this until you change it or you carry out a System Reset, so hopefully it is the same on a T3 and you shouldn't have to set it every time that you use Song Creator.

Regards

Ian

Offline AviX

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 06:11:13 AM »
Hello tyrosaurus

Thanks it worked  :)
Is it possible to auto start/play a midi/song file when I click on a specific registration?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 06:54:04 AM »
Hello tyrosaurus

Thanks it worked  :)
Is it possible to auto start/play a midi/song file when I click on a specific registration?

You can set it to Sync Start (Press Stop plus Play, and make sure the light is flashing when you memorize it). Then it will start when you press a chord in the left hand (which you can silence).

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline AviX

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »
You can set it to Sync Start (Press Stop plus Play, and make sure the light is flashing when you memorize it). Then it will start when you press a chord in the left hand (which you can silence).

Fred

When I do that, it dont play the midi file automatically.
Is it possible to play the midi file when I choose a registration and press on Bank button A

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 07:13:49 AM »
Hi AviX,

As Fred says you can memorise the registration with Song Sync start enabled.

However when the registration is selected, although the song is loaded with Sync Start enabled, you do need to press a key on the keyboard to start the song.  However you don't actually need to play a chord!  The song will start when you press a key in any section of the keyboard.     This is different to the way that Style Sync Start works where you do need to play a chord to start style playback, and it can actually be a disadvantage in some circumstances since it prevents you from playing an intro for example in the upper part of the keyboard without triggering the song start.

As an alternative, you can assign a foot pedal to Start and Stop a MIDI song and simply use a registration to load the song and set the pedal assignment.

Regards

Ian

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 07:31:11 AM »
When I do that, it dont play the midi file automatically.

Then you aren't doing it properly, because it works for everyone else. And, as I learned from Ian, you can press any key, not just a chord.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons