Author Topic: Chord independant phrasing....  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Eldreddb

Chord independant phrasing....
« on: June 07, 2016, 12:54:48 AM »
Hi all

I would like to add a chord independent riff to a specific song. Many songs have those in where the bass and chord progression goes on and that specific riff stays the same..

eg In a nice big band swing sometimes you have the trombones and trumpets doing a consistent riff even when the chords change..

How could I do that on my T5? Can I add it to multipad without chaning with the chord progression? 

I would also like to switch it off later when need be.

Any ideas?

Offline mikf

Re: Chord independant phrasing....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 02:41:26 AM »
I know what you mean, but can't think of any way to do it. There is a fixed mathematical relationship driven by the software which would probably make it impossible when you change chord not to change part of the accompaniment, whether multi -pad or main.
Mike

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 03:39:57 AM »
If I have understood correctly  :):
You could record the riff separately to audio using the tempo needed for the song. Then create an audio multipad linking to your riff recording. The MP will play what you recorded whenever you turn it on without being affected by what you play along with it.

John

Offline Eldreddb

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 03:49:46 AM »
If I have understood correctly  :):
You could record the riff separately to audio using the tempo needed for the song. Then create an audio multipad linking to your riff recording. The MP will play what you recorded whenever you turn it on without being affected by what you play along with it.

John

Ahhhh that sounds as if it could work...Thanks  And there are 4 MP's.... hmmmmm so 4 options to do that.. I suppose then you could just save it as a registration bank with some other "in-song" changes? I hope you CAN link an audio recording to a MP though..

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:56:49 AM by Eldreddb »

Offline Eldreddb

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:14:24 AM »

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 04:21:11 AM »
Not sure about T5, but on S series when you create a multipad you can choose whether it transposes or not as the chord changes (they call it Chord Match). You'd need one set of pads where chord match was 'yes' and one where it was 'no' - you can't flip between them.

If you're making a custom style, I think you set the note transposition rule to 'root fixed' and the note transposition table to 'bypass' for the part containing the phrase that you don't want transposed.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 04:29:43 AM »
Yes you can link MP's to wave files. Page 66 in the Owner's manual gives the procedure.
Alternatively you could use a normal MP (if you just need 1 voice) and turn off the Chord Match in Multipad Creator if this would provide a solution. Going to a wave file means you can make more complex ensemble sounds if you need to, which is why I mentioned it in the first place for BigBand.
John
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:34:57 AM by jwyvern »

Offline Eldreddb

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 05:03:41 AM »
Yes I think it would work nicely. I am planning to use it in Beyond the Sea.... I am going to use the modulation on the sound so I think audio wav will work better..

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:04:53 AM by Eldreddb »