Author Topic: Help with PSR S-900 Screen please  (Read 1549 times)

Offline philyam47

Help with PSR S-900 Screen please
« on: May 21, 2016, 09:15:31 AM »
Any keyboard players out there that can give me a bit of advice please? I have just bought a Yamaha PSR S-900 keyboard. The display is showing multiple pages behind each other on the right on screen, (see pic). What is this and how do you remove them? Not used to keyboards so simple instructions and advice please.  :'(

Offline jtrue

Re: Help with PSR S-900 Screen please
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 10:25:51 AM »
I'm sorry to tell you that the PSR-S900 is well-known for having screen problems. Early on Yamaha did replace many of them at no charge but it is not likely they would do so now. You can try a factory reset:  Turn the power off. Then, hold down the rightmost C key while turning the power back on. If that clears up the problem you got lucky. If not, I'd suggest you try to reverse your purchase and get your money back. Then look for a PSR-S910 or PSR-S950.

You can use the Search feature of this Forum to see a number of prior threads on this topic, including how others have dealt with the issue. Some have replaced the screen, others have substituted a separate video display.

j.
It don't mean a thing...

Offline DonM

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 10:42:51 AM »
I know of some, including mine, which Yamaha replaced quite a long time after the warranty expired.  It won't hurt to ask them.
DonM

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
Feel very sorry to read this message.
I had a S900 too ( a long time ago ) and had to replace the screen.
Very expensive issue if the kb run out of warranty.  :'(

Good luck, Jeff
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:46:49 AM by Jeff Hollande »
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »
Hi philyam47,

the cheapest solution would be to connect an external A/V monitor to the Video Out jack of the S900 and to use only this external display.

You could place this monitor directly behind (or if it is small enough on top of) the internal display.

To find such monitors (6, 7, 9 or 10") look for "car hi-fi" or "car video" accessories.

The problem at your S900 could be either that the Display itself is defective OR a defective Graphics chip. Since this chip is directly on the Main circuit board, it is not easy to fix this issue.

Hope that helps!

Rgards,

Chris
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:24:50 AM by overover »