Author Topic: How do I save Auto Fill In and OTS settings on Tyros 4 ?  (Read 2893 times)

Offline chrisbell

How do I save Auto Fill In and OTS settings on Tyros 4 ?
« on: April 26, 2016, 04:25:42 AM »
Hi

I have a problem understanding how to save the Auto Fill In setting (on/off) and also the OTS setting (on/off)

To explain ...

I have a Tyros 4.
I set up each song that I want to play using Registration Memory and I am using the method "one song per Registration Memory Bank".
So I name each RM file with the name of the song, then select the file I want and push RM button 1 to get the setup I need for the song.
That's simple enough, but how do I save the settings for Auto Fill In and OTS for each song?
For some songs I want to use Auto Fill In and/or OTS and for others I dont.

Can anyone  help on this one please?

Chris
PSR Performer Page
Check out more of my music at : Amazon UK and http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chrisbellmusic

Offline DerekA

Re: How do I save Auto Fill In and OTS settings on Tyros 4 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 04:48:26 AM »
Hello

I take it you mean the Auto Fill In On/Off and the OTS Link On/Off settings.

Sadly, I do not think that these settings are saved in a registration. You can check this from the data list PDF, parameter chart, which shows an X next to these settings in the 'registration' column.

The Auto Fill In setting is saved in the system setup file; the OTS link setting isn't saved anywhere apart from when you use the Music Finder function - which activates it.
S770

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 07:43:10 AM »
Chris,

To save a Fill In in a registration stop the style player, press the Fill In (it will flash) you want to save in the registration and save your reg.  For OTS Voices, select the OTS Voice you want to save (no matter which style Section you have selected) and save your registration.

So... select your Section that will play, select the Fill In you want to play (before going to the Section, select your OTS Voice (any of the 4 can be selected with any Section) ... and save your registration.   You don't need to have your OTS Link turned On... the registrations will memorize which OTS Voice(s) you have selected at the time you memorize your reg button)

Everything should play the way you want now.

8)

Joe H
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:45:37 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline chrisbell

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »
Thanks Derek & Joe

It seems strange that the status of the AUTO FILL IN and OTS LINK buttons cant be saved to a Registration, so I guess these buttons have to be manually pushed (to On or OFF) at the start of each song.

Thanks again for your help
Chris
PSR Performer Page
Check out more of my music at : Amazon UK and http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chrisbellmusic

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 12:29:39 AM »
Thanks Derek & Joe

It seems strange that the status of the AUTO FILL IN and OTS LINK buttons cant be saved to a Registration, so I guess these buttons have to be manually pushed (to On or OFF) at the start of each song.

Thanks again for your help
Chris

They can't be saved because there's no need to. You can specify what you want saved with each registration. This allows you to have a fill in one registration and not with another, rather than it being always on or always off. Same with the OTS voices. Save whichever ones you want.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline chrisbell

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 01:09:18 AM »
Hi Fred

I seem to be getting different answers to my question, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Whenever I save a Registration, it doesnt remember if the Auto Fill In and OTS Link buttons are on or off.

Can you explain how this is done?

Thanks
Chris
PSR Performer Page

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 02:18:54 AM »
Hi,

It's because some people are reading your question differently. They are focusing on a single registration being a snapshot of the current state, and using different registrations for different states - but what you want to do is use the registration as a starting point, then start switching between variations in the style using the A-D panel buttons.

If you want to save the state of the auto fill in and OTS link buttons in a registration, so that the style variations respond in the way that you want when you use the A-D panels buttons - sorry, you just cannot do that. As you say, you'll need to push them on or off - or use multiple registrations.
S770

Offline chrisbell

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 06:18:58 AM »
Thanks Derek
Understood
Chris
PSR Performer Page

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
Hi Fred

I seem to be getting different answers to my question, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Whenever I save a Registration, it doesnt remember if the Auto Fill In and OTS Link buttons are on or off.

Can you explain how this is done?

Thanks
Chris

You're right, they can't be saved which is what I meant when I said "they can't be saved".

But you can achieve the same thing by saving the fill or the voices in the registration. To save a fill, just make sure the style variation button is flashing when you memorize the registration. To save the OTS voices, just load them before you memorize the registration. You can easily duplicate the four OTS buttons in four registration buttons. And each can be set with a full or not -- they don't all have to be set the same way.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 12:20:33 PM »
Chris,

I hope you can trust 2 forum members who have a lot of experience with registrations.  Fred and I have informed you of the same method for using registrations.    It's how the keyboard works.  You can't make the keyboard work YOUR way.   The more you learn how the keyboard is designed to work... the easier it will get to accomplish the things you want to do.

Regards,
Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 12:40:09 PM »
Hi Chris,

Believe me when I tell you that Fred and Joe H are very knowledgeable and experienced.  They will not lead you astray, as they are both very familiar with your issue and I can attest that their answers may be trusted!
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline chrisbell

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 03:17:22 AM »
Didn't think i was mistrusting anyone, just trying to understand the options.
I have it clear now, so thanks again to everyone for your replies.
Chris
PSR Performer Page

Offline Patrick

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 01:19:01 AM »
Hi Chris, OTS are part of a style; OTS auto fill in,  must be put on or off manually. then you make your registration for your song and it'll works! All the best Patrick 

;)

PS: you can change OTS as you want on your KB