Author Topic: tyros3 - chords displayed in main display screen  (Read 2304 times)

Offline jimf

tyros3 - chords displayed in main display screen
« on: March 22, 2016, 07:39:19 AM »
in main display with ACMP on,chords being played are displayed as C,F/c,G/c,etc.
how do I remove the /c ?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: tyros3 - chords displayed in main display screen
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 08:05:01 AM »
in main display with ACMP on,chords being played are displayed as C,F/c,G/c,etc.
how do I remove the /c ?

Switch your fingering method to something other than "on bass".

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jimf

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 08:50:20 AM »
Hi Fred

Thanks but have tried fingering at fingered , multyfingered.to no avail

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:22:59 AM »
Hi Fred

Thanks but have tried fingering at fingered , multyfingered.to no avail

OK. Then how are you playing the chords? If you play FAC (in any combination), you should see only "F" in the display. However, if you play a four-note major chord (eg, CFAC), it will be interpreted as wanting a different bass note, which will be displayed at F/C.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 09:27:19 AM »
Check the MIDI template currently in use (even if you are not using MIDI)!  -  press FUNCTION > MIDI > EDIT > Tab to BASS

If it has any channels ticked (checked) on the BASS page then it will be waiting for an input from that channel to drive the bass note.

If you are not using pedals or otherwise providing an input to that channel, the keyboard will always play C for the bass note, which will show as a 'slashed' chord for all except Cmaj.

Selecting a MIDI template that does not have channels selected on the BASS page, or un-ticking the channels here will stop the keyboard fruitlessly waiting for a non-existent input to use for the Bass note and use the notes from the keys instead.

On my T4, the preset templates MIDI Accord1, MIDI Accord2 and MIDI Pedal1 all have one or more channels set on the BASS page.

If you don't have any specific MIDI requirements at the moment, then you may as well just select the standard 'ALL PARTS' one.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: ricketsia76

Offline jimf

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 09:50:30 AM »
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your input (lifesaver)

MIDI template now set to 'ALL PARTS' and issue resolved.

Obviously I am not conversant with the MIDI funtion - it would appear I have learned a little to be Dangerous.

Many thanks again

Jim

The following users thanked this post: ricketsia76

Offline hitendramahida11

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 06:15:41 PM »
Thank you very very much. problem solved. Now everything sound normal as it used too.. thanking you once again.