Author Topic: Midi to Audio recording.  (Read 906 times)

Offline ernest

Midi to Audio recording.
« on: March 18, 2016, 09:09:47 AM »
Hi All,
         I need some expert advice. I recorded some songs on the Tyros3 and have now transferred them
to my Tyros 5 via a memory stick and wish to record them on the Audio Recorder.
         The songs play fine on the left hand player but I can't get them to record on the Audio side.
I have read the instructions on "MIDI To WAV To MP3" by Joe Waters and I THINK I am following the
instructions to the letter but I can't make an audio recording. Can I be missing an important step somewhere.
           I have got up to about 10 Audio 0001 empty files, Where can I find and delete them?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards Ernest

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Midi to Audio recording.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 12:15:04 PM »
Hi Ernest,

Regarding why you are having problems recording the MIDI  playback, the operation should be simple enough and is clearly described on page 76 of the Tyros5 Owner's Manual.

Once the correct MIDI is loaded in the Song Player, you need to open a new S_Audio file in the Audio Recorder/Player by pressing the REC button in the AUDIO RECORDER/PLAYER controls (on my T4 you need to press both the REC and STOP buttons together in order to create a new audio file but this is not mentioned in the T5 manual).

This will start the REC button flashing and open the AUDIO RECORDER/PLAYER display.  However at this point the recorder not recording, but it is 'armed' for recording, and this allows you to start the MIDI playing and monitor and if necessary adjust the level in the REC MONITOR part of the display to keep it out of the red zone.

Once you are happy with the levels, press STOP on the Song Player which will stop and return the player to the start of the MIDI song.

Now press the PLAY/PAUSE button in the AUDIO RECORDER/PLAYER controls.   This will actually start the audio recording.

Quickly press the PLAY/PAUSE button in the SONG PLAYER (MIDI) controls to start playback of the MIDI. The longer you delay in doing this, the more 'silence' will be recorded at the beginning of the audio recording.

When the song is finished, press the AUDIO RECORDER/PLAYER  [STOP] button to stop the audio recording.  The file will automatically be saved to the hard disk.

To delete the 'empty' audio files that you have created, you need to open the AUDIO RECORDER/PLAYER display and press FILES to open the AUDIO File Selection display.  There is a DELETE button at the bottom of this display.

Press the AUDIO RECORDER/PLAYER [MODE] button.

Press the [A] (FILE) button to call up the Audio File Selection display.

Use the TAB  buttons to select the location (HD or USB) where the files are saved and navigate to the relevant folder.  This will normally be the HD unless you have changed it.

Press the DELETE button (Lower 5 ) and a pop-up window for the Delete operation appears at the bottom of the display.

Select the file/s to delete using the A to H buttons.

Press OK when ready and the selected files will be deleted.

Regards

Ian

Offline ernest

Re: Midi to Audio recording.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 01:07:08 PM »
Hi Ian,
         Many thanks for your rapid response. I must have had another of my
many senior moments and continually made the same mistake.
I didn't press the Stop/Pause button as I thought the Rec button was the one
to use. I have since tried it out and of course it works perfectly.
        I very much appreciate your input.
Regards Ernest