Author Topic: Converting Tyros 4 voices to Tyros 5  (Read 1193 times)

Offline tomis17

Converting Tyros 4 voices to Tyros 5
« on: February 17, 2016, 02:28:04 AM »
I have some voices in the T4 which I would like to copy over to my T5. When I copy the voice file to a usb drive and transfer it to the T5, the T5 will not read the file. How can I use my T4 voices in the T5?

FYI, the T4 voice file reads .cvn
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:03:16 AM by tomis17 »

Offline overover

Re: Converting Tyros 4 voices to Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 11:01:18 AM »
Hi tomis17,

when you only COPY a Custom Voice (in Open/Save Display on Tyros4) and PASTE it (for example) on USB Stick, you make a User Voice file only, that works only directly on T4 with the corresponding Custom Voice (.uvn) installed (as described by Eileen in another thread).

You have to use the LIBRARY SAVE function on T4 (VOICE CREATOR ---> LIBRARY SAVE), see T4-Reference-Manual, page 30.

In the target folder (for example on a USB Stick) are saved:

one .uvi file (the "Library" file)
one .uvn or . .uvd file for every single Custom Normal or Custom Drum Voice that you selected before executing the Library Save function.

In YEM you can make a new Pack by importing the .uvi file (.uvn/.uvd voice files must be stored in the same folder) by "My Packs ---> Import Pack"

OR

you can make a new, empty Pack first (or use an existing Pack) and then import .uvn/.uvd voice files directly ("Import Content").

Regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:35:57 AM by overover »

Offline tomis17

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 11:07:06 AM »
Thank you Chris. I will give that a try.

Offline tomis17

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 06:44:35 AM »
Everything works as instructed. Thank you!  :)