Author Topic: Attachments...  (Read 2192 times)

Offline homerian

Attachments...
« on: January 27, 2016, 09:39:10 AM »
Hey guys,
Cannot get any attachments to upload. files fit within restrictions (less than 7MB per single attachment and are .zip files)
I cannot even upload a profile pic onto my profile despite what image size i use (just tells me "The avatar you have selected is either too large or not an avatar."). 8KB file size and 90x90 pixels.
When I look at the smiles on all my children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something.

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Attachments...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 11:53:22 AM »
Hi Ian,

I have recently had this same issue and have previously reported this to our Site Administrator, Joe Waters.  I'm confidant he will notify us of the resolution.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline homerian

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 01:48:22 PM »
Hi Roger,
glad to hear they are aware of it and are hopefully working on a resolution.
Thanks.

Ian.
When I look at the smiles on all my children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something.

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 11:05:39 AM »
Hi Guys

Have been a member for some time but have never tried to add an attachment to my posts before.
Have recently tried to add 3 styles to a post, using the description as posted by Joe back in June 2008, but i seem to be lost somewhere.
The attachments show up on the upload page, but there seems to be no way to see the resulting attachments in the Preview.
I don't want to hit 'Post' in case I have made a mistake. (Line 7 in Joe's description)
Am I missing something? Is there a way to see the attachments on the Preview, as part of my reply?

Best regards Ken.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »
homerian,

My Avatar image is 79 x 59 pixels, 1.097" x .819" at 72 dpi

You might have to crop your Avatar to fit the place-holder. 

7MB seems a bit large for a single file upload.  You may have to post it on a file share account like Box.com and provide us a link.

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:48:47 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 12:01:48 PM »
Hi Joe,

I believe that a 7 MB file fits well within the 35000 kb limit for uploading files.  I have experienced the same problem and have reported this to Joe Waters.  I'm confidant he will resolve this issue or let us know what we may be doing wrong.  This issue just cropped up for me a few weeks ago and I waited a short time to report it, because I was hoping it would just go away, but it didn't.

As far as the avatar is concerned, I agree with you 100%.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 12:59:40 PM »
Roger & Ian,

I just tried to upload a Zip file of 11 MB and it was uploading as I monitored it being moved through my modem.

My connection is so slow things time out and it stops - my upload speed is only 0.5 Mbps, which is pathetic.

I never had any troubles with uploads when I was on cable, but now using DSL.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 01:05:47 PM »
Hi Bill,

My upload speed is between 3 and 5 mbps constantly, so I'm sure that isn't the issue.

Joe and I have been communicating in the recent past.  I believe he may have fixed the issue because it seems to be working okay again for me now.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 02:15:03 PM »
Roger,

Okay, that is good to know.

Bill G
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:18:08 PM by Bill Grosse »
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline homerian

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 02:22:08 AM »
homerian,

My Avatar image is 79 x 59 pixels, 1.097" x .819" at 72 dpi

You might have to crop your Avatar to fit the place-holder. 

7MB seems a bit large for a single file upload.  You may have to post it on a file share account like Box.com and provide us a link.

Joe H

Hi Joe, finally got my avatar to work. ended up using a different method to resize it.
As for the file uploading, it was an mp3 that was 10 Mb which didnt work so zipped & split it into 2x 5 Mb parts and tried to upload them separately which also didnt work.
According to a thread by Joe W. (Admin):

"The maximum size of any attachment is 7MB.
The maximum number of attachments in a post is 5.
The maximum size of attachments for any one post is 35MB."

see here:
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,30247.0.html

so theoretically, the 5 Mb files should have worked (i even tried it with only ONE of the 5 Mb files)

Roger & Ian,

I just tried to upload a Zip file of 11 MB and it was uploading as I monitored it being moved through my modem.

My connection is so slow things time out and it stops - my upload speed is only 0.5 Mbps, which is pathetic.

I never had any troubles with uploads when I was on cable, but now using DSL.

Bill G

Hi Bill,
I am on Fibre with a high upload speed also. Needless to say, i can upload files to such as google drive etc (Even box.com) without any problems so the issue is less likely to be my end.