Author Topic: Freezing touch sensitivity on the DGX 650?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline vbdx66

Freezing touch sensitivity on the DGX 650?
« on: January 03, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »
Hello to all,

A few weeks ago I traded my DGX 640 and PSR S550 to buy the DGX 650, with which I am very happy so mfar.

I have got a question for the hackers among you: sometimes, I need to set the touch sensitivity to "Fixed" when I am playing a voice like Harpsichord, Chapel Organ or Pipe Organ as in reality, these instruments don't possess touch sensitivity.

Problem is, the keyboard design is not the best in this aspect, because the touch sensitivity always defaults to "Medium", whatever voice you choose.

My question is: is there any way to tweak the memory registers to change the touch sensitivity without changing the Main voice? Ideally, I would like to use two register slots to set the touch sensitivity to " Fixed" or to "Medium" whenever I need it. Or, even better, I would use four slots in one bank to set the touch sensitivity to Soft, Medium, Hard and Fixed as needed.

Thanks for helping,

Best Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

Online SeaGtGruff

Re: Freezing touch sensitivity on the DGX 650?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 10:14:24 AM »
Unfortunately, the Touch Sensitivity setting isn't saved in the registration memories (see page 47 of the Owner's Manual). On the other hand, it does get saved in the Backup parameters (see page 49). So you could create separate Backup files with different Touch Sensitivity settings-- but it takes longer to use the Yamaha MusicSoft Downloader to transfer the desired Backup file into the keyboard's memory than it does to change the Touch Sensitivity manually. :(
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline vbdx66

Re: Freezing touch sensitivity on the DGX 650?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 10:29:48 AM »

Thanks for helping, Michael :-)

This is really too bad. :-((( Some earlier, even cheaper keyboard had a dedicated button to activate / deactivate touch sensitivity. This will be my number one feature on any wish list for the DGX 660.

Best Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650