Author Topic: Can Extra Parts be saved in Register or Style?  (Read 793 times)

Offline fcwong

Can Extra Parts be saved in Register or Style?
« on: December 30, 2015, 10:55:39 AM »
I have a PSR-S910, a P140 and a Behringer UMX49 midi controller. I configured S910 to receive R1 midi on Channel 1 played from P140, and receive Extra Part1 midi on Channel 2 played from UMX49, and R2 / L directly on the S910 keyboard. Set to full keyboard mode. All works very well and I am happy that the S910 can act as both keyboard and sound module at the same time. But I don't know how to save the Extra Part voice setting in registry or user style. From the manual it seems that this cannot be done. Does anyone know how to do this?

If I cannot save the Extra Parts, I will have to send midi program change command from the UMX49 for each song. Of course I could also switch registries on S910 and not use the UMX49, but my skill is not at the level to multi-task.

Any help appreciated.

Offline Joe H

Re: Can Extra Parts be saved in Register or Style?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 12:22:32 PM »
 fcwong,

I think what you have to do is save your custom MIDI Configuration.  It can be saved  (give it a name) to the User Drive or to your USB thumb drive.  The User MIDI file is similar to  the registration (Bank) file IE; you can save up to 10 custom configurations, but they will all be saved in a single file.

When you want to use your setup with your other gear described above, just select your User MIDI setup.

Regards,
Joe H
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:23:54 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html