Author Topic: Split Points for Third Voice  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Slarty42

Split Points for Third Voice
« on: December 20, 2015, 01:52:50 PM »
Hello

I'm visiting here today (I have a S-770), and I need some information about the third (right 3) voice. I've downloaded the Tyros 5 user manual and compared  the split points of these two kb's.  I know how to set them on my kb, and have no problems.

What I need to know is if you have NOT made a split point for the R3 voice does it play WITH R1 and R2 voices.
 I just want to understand if it's possible to have a combination of ALL THREE (R1,R2.R3) that play at the same (most important to me !) time. In other words I don't want a separate octave that only plays RIGHT 3 voice, but all three voices at the same time anywhere on the keyboard except LEFT voice and style areas.

thank you  :)
regards  Terry

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Split Points for Third Voice
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 03:00:26 PM »
Hello

I'm visiting here today (I have a S-770), and I need some information about the third (right 3) voice. I've downloaded the Tyros 5 user manual and compared  the split points of these two kb's.  I know how to set them on my kb, and have no problems.

What I need to know is if you have NOT made a split point for the R3 voice does it play WITH R1 and R2 voices.
 I just want to understand if it's possible to have a combination of ALL THREE (R1,R2.R3) that play at the same (most important to me !) time. In other words I don't want a separate octave that only plays RIGHT 3 voice, but all three voices at the same time anywhere on the keyboard except LEFT voice and style areas.

thank you  :)
regards  Terry

Yes.  If you're you don't have an R3 split point, all three voices play together.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online browzer

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:19:50 AM »
Terry, I thought the S-770 could only select 2 right hand voices and that the right 3 was only available for selection in the tyros series, have I got it wrong?

Ronnie
Tyros 5

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 02:45:37 AM »
S-770 have only 2 right parts.

You van create 3 extra parts and 2 extra parts with a Song
by midi cable and Midi Setup.

I have a example only for Tyros5
I connect Midi B out to Midi B in with a 5pins midi cable
So I can play 10 parts at the same time 8 right and 2 left
or 12 parts at the same time 8 right and 4 left when ad the multi pad also.

See attachments for midi setup

I unchecked the CC and PC to provied control and Program changes in de song parts
I setup the song voices in song creator > setup > execute.
This can be done at more song positions for auto voice changes without registrations
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:49:57 AM by Wim NL »
Best Regards,
Wim

Online EileenL

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 06:16:59 AM »
The S Series keyboards do not have a three way split available to them like the Tyros 5. You will not be able to get this effect on your 770.

Offline Slarty42

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 08:25:07 AM »
Hi again !

I realize that the PSR XXX series does NOT come with a "third voice" so I had to THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX,as they say :)
As I stated in original post, I downloaded the Tyros 5 manual, but it didn't explain or have pictures in enough detail
about combinations of third voice to answer my questions.....that's why I came here ;)

My goal was to be able to play at least 3 voices with the right hand at the same time,just as the Tyros series does NATIVELY.
I wanted to be able to sit down and play my S770 WITHOUT any MIDI or computer (nothing external.... a self-contained unit).

I wanted a setup where in one shot (no editing later to add extra tracks), BUT  a "on the fly" as I played in real time.
Another goal was to have MY choice of voices without reverting to PACKS or saving edited existing voices(factory).

I'm going to include  just 1 sample here that demonstrates my final result. I don't really want to add attachment in the Tyros 5
forum because it's supposed to be for the PSR S770/790 forum (where I'm from). I plan on starting a thread about this topic later.

demo removed
best regards;   Terry
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:36:50 PM by Slarty42 »

Offline Slarty42

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 10:04:02 AM »
Hi Wim

Thank you very much for your reply,and appreciate your time as well as attachment. I also use MIDI and external DAW's (30 yrs).
Now that I'm retired, I really don't want to be setting up a full MIDI recording "studio", but if I do I use my netbook pc with 17" HDMI monitor.

I enjoy playing and am most pleased with  the S770, but just wanted that "extra" Tyros feature.
I'm just experimenting and wanted something that IF I take my kb with me(770 is about all I can lift now a days), I can record/playback mp3 (S770) or play live with 3 right voices while away from home.

thanks again :)
Terry

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »
Hi Terry,
You only need your S770 and a little 5pins midi cable for extra parts.
You can registrate your right hand voices wit a song for extra parts in a registartion.
Midi connection behind my Tyros5 see attachment.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline Slarty42

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 11:19:44 AM »
Hello Wim

thanks  :)

I use my USB output (beside usb device back port on S770) to connect to PC, or 5 pin MIDI out to E-Mu midi 1X1 adapter for USB on PC also.  Sometimes I use both outputs at same time and use 5 pin midi out for second keyboard and USB for PC.
Many combinations possible,   8)

If using 2 kb, then you get really good sound distribution (surround sound) 2 speakers from each kb + stereo out from PC to ext amp or (I use Yamaha receiver). Then You feel like you're sitting in the middle of the orchestra (6 speakers), especially when strings only are behind you and woodwinds in front,percussion left/right Gongs,kettle drums etc. Very nice I find it makes your teeth rattle 8)

I'm getting to old now to even bother with these kinds of setups..........mostly just sit and play S770 by itself.

regards Terry