Author Topic: microphone for tyros 3  (Read 3284 times)

Offline 40dan35

microphone for tyros 3
« on: October 23, 2015, 09:54:02 AM »
HI,
I'm trying to get my mic working but to no avail.I have tried doing it by the manual but it's still dead.

Would someone be good enough to start right from the beginning i e from turning the keyboard on then there cannot be any errors
thank you

I have a tyros 3

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: microphone for tyros 3
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 09:59:55 AM »
Before you spend any more time on this, let's make sure that your mic. is suitable for the T3 mic. input.

What kind of mic. are you using?

If it is a condenser type, it will need power from somewhere, and if it is designed to be used with a 'phantom power' source, then the Tyros3 can't supply this!

Regards

Ian

Offline 40dan35

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 10:04:43 AM »
Hi Ian,
I was given 2 mic's.
Ross RE-333 dynamic imp 600 with on/off switch
Sony F-V5
thanks for your reply
Danny

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 10:21:32 AM »
A dynamic mic will do the job.
Open your manual and follow the instructions strictly.
The T3 manual can ( also ) be downloaded from the Yamaha website in case you do not have it in your hands.

Good luck ;), Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline 40dan35

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 11:03:08 AM »
Hi Jeff,
many thanks I will try downloading the manual and see what happens I will let you know
Danny

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
Hi Danny,

Both the mics. that you mention are dynamic types so should work with your T3.

You did say in your first post that you had already tried  "doing it by the manual" without success, but in your last post you say "I will try downloading the manual"   ??? ::)

If you do have, or download the 'Tyros3 Owner's Manual', the instructions for connecting a mic. are on page 91.

As you will see as well as the INPUT VOLUME control on the top panel of the T3, there is a 'TRIM' control next to the Mic. socket on the back of the T3.  This also affects the signal level at the input and may be turned right down (that is how Yamaha recommend it is left when not in use), so this might be the cause of your problem - it has caught people out before now!

Regards

Ian

Offline 40dan35

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 12:16:26 PM »
Hi Ian,
I have a manual book form but thought there was a more detailed one on the internet,that's what I meant.

I have reset the keyboard( manufactures settings) just thought of something,I'm not sure they are working I was told they were so I should check them someway first.
I seem to have a further problem now it seems that most of the sound is coming out of the right hand speaker and I fiddle with wires it changes the left speaker  but all wires are good it seams not sure what's happening.
I will have  another go tomorrow Sat.
many thanks for all your help.
danny

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 12:32:35 PM »
Hi Danny,

As well as the Owner's Manual, there is another manual available which is not usually supplied in hard copy with the keyboard.

This is the 'Tyros3 Reference Manual' and although it probably won't be any help regarding the mic., it is worth downloading because you will often find references to it in the Owner's Manual.

If I were you I would download both the 'Owner's Manual' and the 'Reference Manual', since they are PDF files and you can open them on your computer and search for specific 'keywords'.  The 'Index' in both manuals is not always helpful until you get used to Yamaha's terminology and it is easy to miss information by just relying on the index.

Here is a link to the T3 Assets page on the UK Downloads site...

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=uk.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16084&category_id3=&product_id=1007003

Regards

Ian

Offline 40dan35

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 01:43:15 AM »
Hi Ian,
your help is much appreciated.

I will download later on today and I will also try and check my mics.

I have also noticed that when the mic is connected I cannot hear any keys played on the keyboard this is after I have reset to the manufactures settings.

Where would I start looking to get the keyboard checked over for faults from a reliable source ?
regards

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 01:46:20 AM »
It looks like there is something wrong with your T3. :'(
Hope not. Cross my fingers.
Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline 40dan35

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 04:27:59 AM »
HI Jeff.
thanks for your reply.

Tested the mic's when I tap on them only a very slight sound is heard even with volume up,so borrowed one and all seems to be working as it should,mic;s that is.

Just tested the borrowed mic and taping keyboard at the same as speaking all seems o/k,maybe that's why they were given away?

The only other problem I have r/h speaker is a lot louder the the L/hand speaker tried changing the setting ,slight improvement only.

Downloaded the manual's as suggested  the outcome is getting better,

I would  like to thank everyone that has responded to my questions,much appreciated

Danny

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 07:33:24 AM »
If you are using an adapter cable, XLR to 1/4-inch, I suspect you have purchased the wrong cable. The cable must be unbalanced XLR to 1/4-inch mono - not XLR to 1/4-inch stereo (trs). It's a common problem.

I just looked up both of the mics you have and one has a 1/4-inch mono plug, which means it should work, but it may have something wrong with it. The other comes either way, with a XLR or prewired with a 1/4-inch mono plug. Both are very inexpensive, high impedance mics and may not have sufficient output to fire directly into the keyboard.

All the best,

Gary 8)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:20:39 AM by travlin-easy »
Love Those Yammies...