Author Topic: Psr 730  (Read 3560 times)

Offline adair

Psr 730
« on: October 04, 2015, 02:59:10 AM »
I bought a old Yamaha Psr keyboard 730. He has a problem, the Main B button does not light up the LED and neither works. The other buttons and the general keyboard are working perfectly, just that button displays problem. I would like to know what the board responsible for this defect because there are several individual card on the keyboard.

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: Psr 730
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 04:21:18 AM »
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 05:24:41 AM »
To  download the manual from this site at SeaGtGruff's link, click on the name of the manual in the page that opens.

This will open the page from which the actual download is made.

Do not click on anything that says Download on this page!

Instead scroll down the page until you see the text below the preview box that shows the manual (in this case the preview box says that no preview is available but don't worry about that)!

Find the text under the preview box that initially says...

This file is downloadable free of charge:...processing...
(You are not logged in, only 2 downloads per day possible for you.)

Wait until this changes to...

This file is downloadable free of charge: Get Manual,    and then click on Get Manual (which is a link)  to actually start the download.

I have not had a problem downloading from this site using the above guidelines, but you use it at your own risk!

Checking the SM, the MAIN B button is on the PN1 board and the LED, the switch, the flexible button  keypad and the whole board itself are all in the parts list, which suggests that you should be able to get just what you need.

Meanwhile, you might be able to  select Main B while a style is playing using a foot pedal assigned to the 'MAIN B/AUTO FILL' function (see page 117 of the Owner's Manual). This might confirm that the problem is only with the panel switch.

There is also a test for the panel switches and LEDs (tests 020 and 021) in the Test Program starting on page 30 of the Service Manual.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:39:03 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline adair

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 06:02:55 AM »
I would like to greatly acknowledge the help of two friends. SM already downloaded the manual and I will work on their suggestions. Thank you very much

Offline adair

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 07:16:12 AM »
Used the Sustain pedal and really the Main B worked perfectly, I then just switch the switch button. I was ready to buy the entire board. There is no words to express my gratitude. I am a Brazilian boy of 70 years old. Thank you so much again.

Offline adair

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »
Not wanting to abuse the good will of you, I ask> Is there any way to save the changes made in the Overall settings that it ultimately even when the keyboard is unplugged

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 08:54:17 AM »
I'm afraid that some of the settings, including the pedal assignment (which is what I assume you are asking about), always revert back to the default settings when the power is turned off.   :'(

This has been the case with Yamaha arranger keyboards for many years and it is still the same even on the very latest ones like the PSR-S970 and the Tyros5.   >:(

Many people store their preferences in a 'Start Up' registration which they then select each time they turn the power on.

Registrations on the PSR-730 can store the functions assigned to the pedal, but you are of course limited to 32 banks of 4 registration memories, unlike the unlimited number of banks, each with 8 memories on the more recent MOTL and TOTL keyboards.  However if you think that you can spare a registration to store your start up preferences then you can read about memorising and recalling registrations starting on page 57 (English version) of the Owner's Manual.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:57:00 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline adair

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 01:33:27 PM »
This is my second keyboard, have a PSR SQ16 and the module QY100 I bought recently. The SQ16 I mastered perfectly but the QY100 and the Psr 730'm still learning how to work with them. Sorry my bad English so I have many difficulties in the manuals in English. I am grateful to all this help that you are giving me. Already ordered the Main B button and should I change in the coming days. If you have some insight into Psr 730 I appreciate or even a place where you can download a simple tutorial so I can adapt myself to the keyboard. I use these keyboards to play for the elderly an Asylum.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 05:04:19 PM »
Hi Adair,

Are you aware that you can get a copy of the PSR-730 manual in Portuguese from the Yamaha Brazil site?  Although it is a PDF file, it is actually an image of the original manual, which unfortunately means that you can't use the search function for keywords like you can in most PDFs, but it might be better for you than trying to translate the English version.

Here is a link to the asset list containing the manual at the Brazil site...

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=br.yamaha.com&language=pt&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16084&category_id3=&product_id=1439461

Regards

Ian

Offline adair

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 07:30:25 AM »
My friend I really have downloaded this newly manual and will facilitate my work. already sent the two pdf files to copy and bind. When I'm with the catalog in the hands'll better understand teclado.I bought and will install this week the floppy emulator with USB key, I have done this in the PSR SQ16 and it worked perfectly. you could explain to me better on the "Start up"?

Thank you so much again.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 09:07:28 AM »
Hi Adair,

I don't think that Registration Memories were available on the PSR-SQ16 so you may not be familiar with them.

You can think of them as an area of memory within the keyboard which can store various panel parameters and settings.  This area of memory retains it's contents even when the power is turned off.   You can recall all these settings in future just by selecting the registration memory that you have saved them in.

So if you set up the keyboard panel settings manually, with say a style that you want to use, the main A/B section that you want to start with, the R1 voice, tempo, etc. etc.,  in fact any of the parameters included in the list 'Data Stored By the Registration Memory' ('Dados armazenados na memoria de registros') on page 57 of both the English and Portuguese manuals, you can then save all these settings to a registration memory, and if you select that registration in future, it will instantly set up the keyboard with all the parameters you have saved in it.

So if you set up your keyboard with all your preferred initial settings (including the pedal assignment) as you want them to be in future when you turn the power on, and memorise them in a registration memory, then you can select that registration after turning the power on, and it will set up the keyboard with your preferences just by pressing the relevant registration button. 

This is what I mean by a 'Start Up' registration.  It is no different to any other registration, but instead of containing the settings to play a particular song for example, it is intended to set your own preferred keyboard panel settings such as the pedal assignment, and will save you from having to set it manually each time that you turn the power on, although you will still have to select the registration by pressing it's button for the settings to take effect.

Registration memories are arranged in 'Banks' (groups) of 4 on a PSR-730 and there are 32 different banks making a total of 128 registration memories.   You can give each registration bank a name if you want to make it easier to find when you want to select a particular bank, but if you saved the start up settings in Bank 01, Registration button 1, that should be easy enough to remember!

Registrations are so useful that I suggest that you read through the section in the manual about them.  They are simple to save and recall once you get the idea, but you need to understand a little about them to use them effectively.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:12:00 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline adair

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 03:15:42 AM »
Thank you my friend ... I had been able to repay the same all these excellent information that you send. I'll study tomorrow when they host bound manual in Portuguese. This Forum is to be congratulated for you to be part of it.Thank you

Offline adair

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 02:12:54 AM »

Good day dear Tylosaurus ... I'm back to greet his friend and once again ask for your help, that is, if possible.
I'm trying to control my Psr 730 with my Psr SQ16 but I am finding it difficult. SQ16 know better and therefore wanted to use as controller and accordingly wanted to use the styles and Voices of 730. I've been reading something with reference to channel configurations. If you can help me I would appreciate it.

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 06:10:10 AM »
Hello again, adair!

I'm looking at the English manuals, and I don't know if the page numbers are the same as in the Portuguese manual, or whichever ones you're using.

First, you want to plug one end of a MIDI cable into the MIDI OUT port of the PSR-SQ16, and plug the other end into the MIDI IN port of the PSR-730.

Page 86 of the PSR-SQ16 manual talks about the Input/output Filter. I'm not at all familiar with the PSR-SQ16, but I assume you'll want to turn on the MIDI Out Command for each of the 16 MIDI channels. The manual says that these settings are "On" by default, so it's possible that you won't need to change any of them, although I'm not sure about the Bank 1 and Bank 2 settings.

Page 121 of the PSR-730 manual shows a typical setup for connecting a second keyboard to the PSR-730 to control it. It says you want to set each of the 16 MIDI channels to "Normal," but I think that's incorrect if you want to control the Auto Accompaniment on the PSR-730. Instead, refer to the information on pages 125 through 128. If you set the Receive Mode for each Receive Channel to "Remote," I think that should let you control the PSR-730's Auto Accompaniment with the PSR-SQ16. You will also want to set the External Clock setting to "On" so the tempo is controlled by the PSR-SQ16.

Voice selection will be tricky, because the two keyboards use different voice numbering systems (MIDI Bank Select and Program Change numbers). You may need to select the desired voices on the PSR-730 itself. I'm also not sure about style selection; presumably you'll need to select the desired style on the PSR-730.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443