Author Topic: Tyros 5  (Read 2590 times)

Offline adrianed

Tyros 5
« on: September 07, 2015, 04:34:27 PM »
Hi Folks,
I have just purchased a T5 and special thanks to Linda who enabled me to get a good price.

Is there a good reason to purchase the Wireless Lan Adapter for this model, my reason for this question is as follows

When I purchased the T2 years ago it came with almost 2000 files in the Music Finder and I could go to the Yahama website directly from the keyboard to download more free individual Mf Files which were instantly added to Music Finder which brought the total MF Files to about 2300.

The T5 just came with only a few Mf Files and I was able to go online with the computer and download the files from Yamaha all on one file and then transfered them to the keyboard with a thumbdrive. However there are still less than 2000 Mf files in Music Finder.

Is it still possible to go online direct from the keyboard and download more free individual MF files for the Music Finder like we did with the Tyros 2.

Sorry this post is a bit rambling,

Adrian

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:35:28 PM by adrianed »

Online MBedesem

Re: Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 04:45:08 PM »
Is there a good reason to purchase the Wireless Lan Adapter?

Personally, I am still waiting for it to enable an application that I need.

I have an adapter, and aside from displaying the current time on the instrument, I have never found a use that I needed. It sits in my supply cabinet.

My adapter came with the instrument. I have to assume that the company had a good reason to include such an accessory.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Michael

Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline adrianed

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 10:17:02 PM »
Michael,
It wasnt supplied in the box with my T5 here in OZ, I have rang Yamaha in Melbourne and I could not focus on what the rep was saying except that they do not supply it, he didnt answer my query as per my question in a previous post He did say that it was provided in the UK for some reason.

Adrian
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:21:18 PM by adrianed »

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 01:58:18 AM »
Hi Adrian,
I live in Perth West Oz and had to hunt down a wireless adaptor for my T5 as you have already stated, they don't come with our T5s here in Oz. I haven't used it yet but I'm one of those people who like to have these little bits of technology just in case they need it one day and cant buy one because its no longer available.
Here is where I got mine and according to the website they have 6 in stock for $99 each and FREE shipping.

https://www.keyboardcorner.com.au/yamaha-ud-wl01-usb-wireless-adaptor-for-tyros/

Murray
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 01:59:40 AM by mcbrown »
Genos & GNS-MS01 spkrs, TouchMix 30 Digital Mixer, Fender Strat, Music Man 210 75 guitar amp, Behringer GMX 212 Guitar amps & FCB1010, Behringer B1200D Sub & B205D f/b spkrs x 4, Boss GT-10 Guitar Effects, Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth, LD Systems MAUI 28 G2

Offline Bill

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 02:19:14 AM »
Is it still possible to go online direct from the keyboard and download more free individual MF files for the Music Finder like we did with the Tyros 2.

Adrian

Hi Adrian

Sorry the feature is not there in the T5, 

Bill
England

GENOS

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 02:28:23 AM »
Hi Adrian,
I should have put this link in my previous post to clarify the use of the Wireless adaptor.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,28785.msg213062.html#msg213062

Murray
Genos & GNS-MS01 spkrs, TouchMix 30 Digital Mixer, Fender Strat, Music Man 210 75 guitar amp, Behringer GMX 212 Guitar amps & FCB1010, Behringer B1200D Sub & B205D f/b spkrs x 4, Boss GT-10 Guitar Effects, Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth, LD Systems MAUI 28 G2

Offline adrianed

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 10:38:37 PM »
Hi Murray, thanks for the link, looks like the wireless lan is not worth the bother now with T5

If the tyros has a built in Clock it makes you wonder why they didnt just make it show when we switch on, seems a bit of a farce to need the internet just for that, a clock could be handy perhaps. It would need a backup battery for the times when we carry it in the car.

Adrian

Offline adrianed

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 10:43:20 PM »
Hi Bill,

I shall stop whitteling about it now, Thanks Bill

Adrian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:54 AM »
Hi Adrian,
   The wireless Lan can be used to access IPad apps and the Yamaha repertoire. It also puts the currant time and date on anything you save which can be useful. Members also use it for transferring Yamaha packs and third party voice packs from the YEM to there keyboard.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 09:43:41 PM »
Thankyou Eileen,

That helps, I suppose then that leave the Lan device plugged in at all times.

I wonder what Ipad apps are useful on the Yamaha.

Adrian

Offline Bill

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 03:07:47 AM »
I wonder what Ipad apps are useful on the Yamaha.

Adrian

Hi Adrian

Many of the APPS are quite useful.

The MusicSoft manager is useful for Data manipulation.  You can move files around very easily.
The Sliders and Faders is also useful because it allows you to tweak parameters with ease from the iPad.  e.g. the 16 channel volumes can be altered just like the sliders on the keyboard, however the IPad gives 100% fead back not like the keyboard.
The repertoire App is also very useful as it gives you a Set List feature for Registrations.  The content that is available for download may not be great but by loading in your own registrations the App excels.  The content of a registration is much easier to see on the IPad.

All the others APP ARE very good.

Bill
England

GENOS

Offline adrianed

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 05:58:04 PM »
Thankyou Bill,

That extra info about using the Ipad with Tyros will be useful, I am a bit lacking with the use of the Ipad, life seems so full, dont have a lot of spare time, I had more when I whent out to work

Thanks again Bill

Adrian
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:27:35 AM by adrianed »