Author Topic: The Sync Stop button  (Read 2151 times)

Offline VernonM

The Sync Stop button
« on: July 21, 2015, 08:13:45 AM »
I have had my Tyros 4 for 2.5 years and have come a long way. I did not really play before so I had to teach myself along with this forum (a big thank you). I am now 76 and have something great to enjoy during retirement.
I used to play the trumpet most of my life but gave it up about 5 years ago and turned to other instruments to play. I am having a ball with my Tyros.
I finally figured out what the Sync Stop button was for so decided to put it to use on a song I used to play on the trumpet in high school, Cherry Pink & Apple Blossom White. Now I play it on the Tyros. Take a listen. Just click the link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzSgcv-Kjak

Offline Ed B

Re: The Sync Stop button
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »
Hi Vernon
Very nice arrangement. Liked the sync stop use. It added interest and anticipation to the piece. Well done.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

T4two

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 02:17:41 AM »
Yes, good stuff Vernon.    Sync start, sync stop and Style start/stop will all go onto a pedal.  Very handy in a lot of songs.

:)  Neville.

Offline VernonM

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 08:15:15 AM »
Thanks for the tip. On some country songs I've put the pitch bend to the sustain pedal and adjusted it to go down 1/2 step so it bends the guitar solo. Makes it easier to use for me than the wheel when the chord is changing.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:04 PM »
Hi Vernon,

I remember this song by Al Hirt and Bert Kaempfert.  I still have the records.  I like how you played this song, as it sounded like some of the original recordings I have heard in years gone by.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline alleycat

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »
Hi Vernon,
Thanks for sharing your version of this grest song and you played it very well.  I never knew what the Sync Start, Sync Stop was used for, now I know. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Patty (Alleycat)