Author Topic: Charter Member  (Read 4440 times)

Offline acm

Charter Member
« on: February 27, 2006, 02:06:53 PM »
How does one become a charter member after already having been a normal member?

thanks!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:38:49 PM by acm »
If at first, you succeed, don't look zapped. Reserve it for when you don't!!!

Offline Joe W

Re: Charter Member
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 10:32:11 PM »
It's impossible to become a "Charter Member".  This title is reserved for the folks who kicked in funds to subscribe to the PSR Tutorial in the first year or so when we introduced subscriptions.  It was a successful program and subsequently, I ended the "annual" subscription idea and made all the original Charter Members, Charter members for life.  When a Charter Member supported the PSR Tutorial by subscribing, they were sent the PSR Tutorial CD-ROM as a thank you.

The program currently in effect allows visitors to become "Supporting Members".  The Supporting Members have the very same access rights as the Charter Members and once you become a "Supporting Member,"  you are a supporting member for life.  How do you become a supporting member?  That's easy, just order ANY of the various PSR Resource CDs offered by the PSR Tutorial.  The funds acquired from these occassional CD purchases go to offset the costs of maintaining this web site.

The PSR Tutorial CD-ROM is still available and is still very popular.  It is updated and expanded every month.  It has ALL the PSR Performer songs on it as well as a couple thousand styles from the main Yamaha keyboards.  It also includes many of the other filetypes (mfds, registrations, voices, etc) that are available for download from the site.  It has almost all of the materiial from the MUSIC section of the site - fake book info, top song info, the articles and the pro clinic, all the Secrets of chord lessons, plus other goodies.

The number of styles available has grown so large that we put together a separate Styles CDROM with some 20,000 styles on it.  There is, of course, duplication of the styles on the PSR Tutorial CD-ROM, but anyone who wants to have a massive collection of styles without having to spend hours searching and downloading, can just order the Styles CDROM.

We have put together now three MP3 CDs - #1, The Singers, #2, Instrumentals, and #3, the Standards.  Each has 150+ very good quality MP3s, roughly 9 hours of music on each, all created by a variety of arranger artists on a variety of arranger keyboards although primarily they are Yamaha keyboards.  A lot of people don't really understand MP3 CDs yet, but MP3 players are becoming more and more common and these MP3 CDs are great bargains.

Finally, we have put together a demo CD that has quite a few of the movies that you can download on the internet as well as additional MP3 demos of Tyros2 and other current PSR keyboards.  You can download many of these, if you can find them, but if you don't have a high speed connection, the downloads can take hours.  This CD is available separately, but is also sent at no charge to anyone who has orders 3 or more of the above CDs / CD-ROMs.

Follow the link below if you wish to become a "Supporting Member."  Charter and Supporting members have exclusive access to a Charter Members area that is not seen by regular visitors.

http://psrtutorial.com/supporter.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 10:34:23 PM by JoeW »
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

ardenlester00

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:16:24 AM »
ACM ASKED," How does one become a charter member after already having been NORMAL member? "

I'm sorry to say we don't have any "normal" members...but, in this day and age of developing your "ABS",
you can become part of the ABnormal members.

Offline acm

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 09:47:14 AM »
Joe...thanks for the info. I'll be enrolling shortly.

Dennis...Sorry...I have to remain, even if I'm the first, "normal" member. I can not claim to be AB normal anymore (actually I never was) ...chuckle!

ardenlester00

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 06:33:19 PM »
acm - I'm actually laughing my head off at  your statement - that was funny!

What's wrong with a person who sees themselves as "normal"?  (let's see - delusional, deceived, in denial, on something, his wife just made him happy - all of the above)

Two psychiatrists passed each other on the street.  "Hello", said the first.  Said the second to himself, "Hmmmm, what did he mean by that?"  Later they passed,  "Hello, you're fine, how am I?"

And old psychologist joke (I'm an old psychologist who "lost his mind and came to his senses")

A crazy bunch, we

« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 06:34:27 PM by dennis »

Offline acm

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:32:21 AM »
I try Dennis...I try. It takes a "normal" to know one. :lol:

Offline acm

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »
Joe...I was thinking about this charter member setup and your explanation and I have to comment that it does not appear right...particularly the statement "This title is reserved for the folks who kicked in funds to subscribe to the PSR Tutorial in the first year or so when we introduced subscription". Is it fair to reserve a title for some folks just because they happened to be the first to subscribe. It appears that there is practically no difference between the privilages and duties of a "Charter Member" and "Supporting Member". So why the difference in title?

I'm dont mean to be complaining...but just want to highlight the situation wish to hear your comments.

Cheers!

Offline Eddie Shoemaker

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 10:37:17 AM »
ACM....
Joe has set up the classifications using "Charter Member" in the classic definition of the term which identifies the original members of a group. Those who supported the site from the get-go before it had the recognition and credibility it has today are being recognized as supporters who helped Joe make it all possible. Similar classifications are used in a variety of organizations: Libraries, Community Theater Groups, etc.

In his typical sense of fairness, Joe did not exclude anyone from having the same benefits as a charter member by opening up the Supporting Member classification. There is no snobbery here. The two classifications are equal in benefits. I believe it is his way of saying "Thanks" to those that helped him in the early stages of development.
Eddie

ardenlester00

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 11:33:45 AM »
ACM,

Please notice in your Personal Mail!

I am sending you my "Official Charter Member" status!

In exchange please forward your "Supporting Member" status to my Personal Mail.

Being old and having no "painful wrinkles" (Freddie) and able to stand upright only because of SUPPORT HOSE and Support Truss and Back Support and Neck Support and Knee Support and auxillary Supports for eyes and ears - and even some heart arteries being Supported by little  tubes...

...not to mention the Prescription Support for things that go too fast, too much pressure -  or don't eject past my shoes- or don't pass wtthout Fiber Support.  Almost forgot - the Horse Linament that supports the movement of my fingers on the keys!

Add to that the friends who ask - "Are you still alive?  You don't look it!"  And, "You're looking good, who'se your undertaker?"

That kind of support keeps one with the attitude of an 18 year old - "Is this the day I 'graduate'?"

Then there's the Support Prayer that has great meaning - "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take!" - a whole new way to put your head on the pillow.  Will I see morning - here?  Have I paid for the Big Trip?  How will they move my fat ass out of the loft and down the stairs, then down the hill?  Should I put a Pulley Support out over the cathedrial ceiling in the living room for EMT's "come along"?.  Do dead bodies bruise when dropped from great heights?  Does a bruise still hurt soon after you 'transpire, expire?"  Who do I will my Supports to?

So, I can identify much better to "Support" than I can "Charter". 

I'm glad you have a sense of humor - your a good friend - love ya - and know you'll take this well - supportively!.

Friend,

Dennis
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 11:47:35 AM by dennis »

SEEKER

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 02:21:45 PM »
To All of You "members"

I was very curious myself in regards to the "membership" titles.......

We all like titles, some of them are earned, some of the anointed, appointed, or disappointed.

Recognition by other folks for what we contribute is something we as humans all crave.

I don't have the musical talents of 99.9% of forum members. 

But But But:

But this has been my Joy:

This forum was founded by a person with the very best of intentions, loving, teaching and sharing of Musical Knowledge.

Joe Waters gift to all of us is something that none of Us can ever repay.

His guidance, luck, tutorage and some of his own money kept this Forum alive.

The Luck part was the finding of Yes "Charter Members" to help him get this puppy going.

With the growth of the site, his "Charter Members" were the backbone and
Magnetic attractions(Especially Dennis) to get more members.

I stumbled onto the Site, as some of you have...... I Was, Is, and Am a PSR,er(Styles that is).

The Joy part of my intro is the knowledge that is shared by virtually every member of the site.

The Love part is in the answers given without hesitation regarding almost any subject. (Dennis again).

The Teaching part is in the hundreds of pages in/on the site has which has taken thousands of hours to do.

The Tutorage is the "Guru" type guidance that Joe Waters uses to push this boat with 1100 plus
"Members" along the river heading in the right direction.

The Legacy of the "Charter Members", "Supporting Members","Associate Members",  "Members", will be the trail of knowledge
we have left behind us.

Seeker
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 02:26:34 PM by SEEKER »

Offline acm

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 05:22:34 PM »
Dennis...I'm touched...I truly am (sniff)! It's not easy to part with something so dear and there you do it in a flash! I love you Dennis.

But I must respectfully and honourably decline. Not because I dont care to be known as a Charter Member but because it would be so wrong when folks say..."there goes Dennis, no longer a Charter Member".

I'll remain satisfied when folks say..."there goes ACM, he claims he is "normal""!

Besides, Eddie has provided a very good case!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 05:30:56 PM by acm »

Offline Joe W

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 08:08:10 PM »
Yes, let me too applaud Eddie - he got it exactly right.  The first supporters actually subscribed to the PSR Tutorial - and got the CD-ROM as a "gift" (beware Uncle Sam and all those taxes!)  Some even subscribed a 2nd year.  Today, "supporters' have a choice of things to get.  The CD-ROM is still a choice, but it is less expensive and has far more stuff than the original folks got.  The Arranger Artist MP3 CDs are even less expensive.  But, since I'm not a busienss, I'm not trying to generate any significant amount of funds. The occassional order keeps things going and all the original and current supporters (and just plain visitors) benefit.  Thank you, also, SEEKER, for all those kind words.

I did try and give Dennis an extra "title" but it was too much to bear and he begged me to take it back.  A "title" can imply a responsibility and a responsibility implies something you HAVE TO DO.  Well, if you have to do it, it can turn into work, not fun!  Better to not have responsibility and just do things for fun.  I've certainly encountered this syndrome in my life, and it can take all the pleasure out of an activity.  But we are, if nothing else, accomodating!   Of course, this has worked well for me in the case of Dennis.  All by himself, Dennis keeps the heart beating in this forum and he does it with flair and gusto!  Maybe I should take away all his titles?  Or perhaps make up a unique one for you, Dennis.  I can change "Charter Member" to anything you like (ah, the power of a system administrator, isn't it great!)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:10:50 PM by JoeW »
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Ernie

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 03:16:31 PM »
Hello Musical friends..

I follow this subject about the chartermembers and I am greatfull for what they did.
And of course I admire the work of Joe Waters for keeping this big engine working.

Joe is our CharterMaster   :-D

Glad I found you all...!

And for me it's a privilege to be member of this beautifull site..!!

Ernie
The Netherlands

Offline acm

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 12:12:58 AM »
Hi Joe...I placed an order for a copy of the PSR Tutorial CD and have recieved it by mail. What do I now to upgrade my ID to be a supporting member? I can hardly wait to take a peak at the goodies area!  :-)

thanks!
ACM

Offline Joe W

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 09:46:35 AM »
You just have to let me know your userid, "acm", which you've done in this note.  You'll see that you are now shown as a "Supporting Member."
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline acm

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 11:09:10 AM »
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :-D :-D :-D 8-) 8-) 8-)
thanks!

Offline Tyros Trax

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 09:12:32 PM »
Joe,

My user id is Tyros Trax in case you happen to read this one. I sent an e-mail as well. Thanks again for this web site.

Trax