Author Topic: Forum Password  (Read 1785 times)

Offline adrianed

Forum Password
« on: July 04, 2015, 06:02:18 PM »
Hi Folks,
Its quite a few years since I joined the Forum, my computer signs me in automatically so I don't need to sign at any time.

However its because of the long time I need to change some of my details but cant change them because I have forgotten my password to make the changes.

Can anyone help,

My user name is adrianed

Best regards,

Adrian

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:44:36 PM by adrianed »

Offline Bill Grosse

Re: Forum Password
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 06:31:35 PM »
Adrian,

Sorry to say there is no way we can give you your password as the program does not give the administrator access to it.

BUT - you browser has it stored and most browsers have a way for you to see  what it is.
Usually you will find it in the Tools menu, sub Security.

Which browser are you using and maybe we can provide help to you.
BTW - Welcome Back!  :)

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline adrianed

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »
Hi Bill,
Thankyou for your quick reply,

I am using windows internet explorer in windows 8.1

I have looked in tools at the top right but could not find a way to see passwords.

Regards,

Adrian

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 10:34:48 PM »
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 06:15:55 AM »
The easiest way might be to log out and then go back to log in. It will have a link "Forgot Your Password?". Click that and you'll be sent an email to reset with a new password. I just did and it works easily to reset it.

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 07:34:02 AM »
Adrian....Just a thought .... it may be a good idea to delete your email address from your original post. There are not nice folks out there that "harvest" email addresses for the purpose of sending out scam emails and similar.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »
Hi Folks,
Thankyou all for your help.
MarkF,
 Thankyou for your suggestion to use the Email reset system but I couldn't use it because it sends a message to your email address, the reason I wanted to login at that time was because I have changed my internet provider and the reset message would have gone to my old address which I cannot access now.
As you advised I removed my email address from the post, I am too trusting.

SeaGtruff,
Thankyou for your advice on how to view my passwords on Windows, I did it and it worked thankyou again, I have been using Windows since 1998, that's 17 years I expect by now I know quite a lot about using windows and computer but it is a big subject and I am sure there is lots more to learn and that was one of those cases.

Great stuff and good advice,
Thankyou all
Adrian

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 06:35:23 PM »
Adrian,

Glad you got it all sorted.  :)

We'll be looking for more posting from you.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)