Author Topic: Recording Audio to Computer  (Read 984 times)

Offline adrianed

Recording Audio to Computer
« on: September 06, 2014, 12:06:52 AM »
Hi folks,
So I can record Tyros audio output to computer I need another device, can anyone tell me what the device is please and perhaps recommend a brand or model.
Thankyou,
Adrian

Offline Dick Rector

Re: Recording Audio to Computer
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:51:11 AM »
Many of us use AUDACITY a no nonsense and FREE program. Works wonders. You need also to download LAME from the same website if you want to save you recordings as MP3.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 04:49:21 AM »
For a "device", you might be referring to a USB Audio Interface to get the audio from the keyboard into the computer. One that's basic and fairly popular is the  Focusrite 2i2. This would allow you to record the keyboard and as well has XLR connections with phantom power for microphones. You can also find audio interfaces that have MIDI ports which would be handy to have with keyboards and other MIDI devices. My own audio interface is an older Tascam US144 mkii which includes MIDI and S/PDIF connections.

This is sort of a tutorial on the benefits of an audio interface......
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/audio/buying-guides/audio-interfaces

Audacity is a good software for recording. Also look at Reaper which has a bunch more features, can be used for free (has popup nag screens when started), and is reasonably priced for it's extensive capabilities.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 04:04:21 PM »
Hi Dick,
Thankyou for your suggestion, I didn't know about LAME so that will also be useful

Best Regards,

Adrian

Offline adrianed

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 04:12:02 PM »
Thankyou Mark,

That is just what I needed to know Mark, now I know what to look for.

That is an excellent tutorial, I am going to print it out, its the best I have read.

Thankyou again Mark

Adrian