Author Topic: Scrolling Through Messages  (Read 2841 times)

ardenlester00

Scrolling Through Messages
« on: December 06, 2005, 05:28:49 PM »
Hi Kids,  (at my age, everybody is a "kid")

Something new on my messages.  I have to scroll through each entry by members with a scroll bar down the side.  Did I hit something wrong somewhere or is that what everybody has to do now?

Thanks,

Dennis

Offline MBedesem

Re: Scrolling Through Messages
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 04:43:41 AM »
I am not sure I understand.

I use two methods to reald forum messages: "Show unread posts" at the top of the page and the last posts on the bottom of the Home page. I click on the ones that I am interested in..

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

ardenlester00

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 07:14:30 AM »
Hi!

On the right side of each message now is a scroll bar - and instead of seeing the whole message at once, I have to scroll through the message a couple lines at a time.  This scroll bar is INSIDE the message box, not the one down the full length of the whole screen.

This is new to me since I switched browsers - Explorer to Navigator.  Wish I could do a screen shot to show you.  It is right underneath the "delete" button.

Dennis

BIG_BEN

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 08:03:12 AM »
Dennis,
First get a copy of FIREFOX asap. TYPE firefox at google prompt. then download and install on your mac. Faster, More features ect ect. Periodically I will see a scrollbar as part of a extra long message, but only then.
Try it, Youll Like it.

Ben

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 08:09:10 AM »
Dennis,

That is the nature of windows, to put a scroll bar in a window when the window is too big to be displayed in it's entirety on the screen.

I would say your screen resolution has been reset to the lowest display setting.
Just "Right" mouse click on the desktop on then choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
Then choose the "Settings" tab and set the display to the resolution you like best - probably 800 x 600 is what you want.

Bill
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

ardenlester00

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 10:21:59 AM »
Thanks Bill and Ben,

I am at the library now, so I will do the resolution change when I get home.  (It's warmer here today in the lib)

Ben, unfortunately I'm still running 9x OS - it doesn't let me do Firefox or Mozilla.  I have 10.1.5 on another section of the hard drive, but for some reason, I couldn't download and open styles and midis from it - as I can from 9.x.  I'm ready to throw the whole computer and system into the river.  But, if I wait another month or so, the river will come and get it by itself.

I'm planning on putting basic stuff in my old Airstream and heading south - anywhere warmer and drier.  But, down there you get blown away, eh Bill.  Ben, did you get blown around in your area?  More bad hurricane seasons predicted.  I want to find a little restaurant that wants a keyboard player in the background.  I went to hear Chuck Hunt - he comes to our site now and then.  He was playing for the nursing home volunteers yesterday.  Our group used to play there for years - but they've all died on me!!!

He was good and gentle music and they seemed to like it a lot - he has a   9kPro with Fender speaker system - sounded good.

Me, I got a pretty 3k with an ugly speaker system and uglier guy at the KB.

Dennis

BIG_BEN

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 05:48:47 PM »
Dennis,
I'm down here in central florida, Leesburg about 30 mi north of orlando. No hurricane damage here atall. Stop in and visit.

Ben

ardenlester00

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 07:57:54 PM »
I thought the big winds came through there this year.  I moved back up here from The Villages - over at Blue Parrot Resort Park - had an old park model.  A tree fell on it on one of the blows - crushed it - but I had sold it already.

A fellow on another forum is asking about using mac for PC work - I told him about Virtual Pc, but I've never used it.  Perhaps you can help him if you know about Virtual PC. 

If I leave here I'll probably go to Sarasota where there is lots of ballroom dancing and opportunities to play out.  I'm ready again!

Thanks, I'd like to meet you as I come through.  Who knows i might stay there - it's pretty around Ocala/Belleview/Leesburg.

Dennis