Author Topic: S910 and Midi Pedals  (Read 777 times)

Offline Bernie9

S910 and Midi Pedals
« on: April 04, 2014, 12:00:13 PM »
In reading previous threads, I have decided to open a new thread.  I have a Fatar one octave pedalboard attached to my S910 and all works fine except I need more sustain.  It appears that the style bass is the connected voice, as it's volume is controlled by the style slider.

In reading the manual, it appears that sustain does not affect the style,so, I haven't a clue.  I am using the pedals like organ pedals, and do not play styles with it yet at least.

Since the style bass governs the pedal voice, I am wondering if some styles might have more built in sustain than others.

Bernie

Offline Joe H

Re: S910 and Midi Pedals
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 02:40:15 PM »
Bernie9,

There is one that you can do what you want by using registrations.  You will have to save a style in the registration (the default one will work) even if you are not using the style player. The Left Voice is saved with the STYLE GROUP in the registration memory.

Then you can edit the Decay and/or Release Envelope on your Bass Voices using Voice Set.  User Voices can be saved as a Left Voice in Registration Memory.  I don't have pedals but I tried this and it appears to work.

Since I don't know what kind of music you are playing this question may not make sense.  Have you tried using Organ Voices as a Bass instrument? Between the Mixing Console and Voice Set you should be able to get any Voice in the proper register (octave) to play a Bass line.

Let us know how it goes.

Joe H
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:45:01 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Bernie9

Re: S910 and Midi Pedals
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:01:13 AM »
Thank you Joe

I will be using this set up in a band environment.  We have a drummer, but no bass player, so will fill organ needs plus others.  I will keep trying and report back.

Bernie