Author Topic: Psr 2000 How to switch of channels for just drum and bass  (Read 2229 times)

jakeyboy-1

Psr 2000 How to switch of channels for just drum and bass
« on: December 22, 2013, 09:07:42 AM »
 Hi and a merry christmas to all
    Last week while programming and saving a back track on my psr 2000 it coughed flashed on and off  and went dead .RIP. I had 6 solid years of working with it and created lots of songs .
 Prior to it dying I noticed a hi pitch noise low level coming from the speakers ,this i later found was due to a faulty power supply.  It was like radio interference.
 Anyway i was lucky enough to buy a virtually unused 2000 on ebay within 2 hours very lucky .When i recieved it  I found it didnt operate in the same easy way my old one did.
 When I have been making drum and bass back tracks to play guitar over ,i was able to simply use just the drum and bass channels and switching off all the channels i did not require .
    I was also able to jump from one style to another rock to funk to latin use different intros outros etc  and it would stay as just bass and drums.----
    But my new 2000 automatically switches on all the instruments in the channel section when I change to a different style
      Does anyone know how or what i need to do to stop everything coming on automatically  as i really like very simple backing and don't want a whole orchestra behind me.
  Hope this makes sense  Jakey boy

Offline Dick Rector

Re: Psr 2000 How to switch of channels for just drum and bass
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »
Mute all the instruments (or set their volume to zero) you don't want to hear and save it as a new style.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950