Author Topic: Saving registratiinn to USB on DGX 620 Portable Grand Piano  (Read 370 times)

Offline Melodies

Saving registratiinn to USB on DGX 620 Portable Grand Piano
« on: December 03, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
Can anyone please give instructions on how to save registrations to USB on this instrument.     We have trouble doing this going by instructions in the manual.

Thankyou

Melodies

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Saving registratiinn to USB on DGX 620 Portable Grand Piano
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:15:28 PM »
Can anyone please give instructions on how to save registrations to USB on this instrument.     We have trouble doing this going by instructions in the manual.

I don't think this is possible. The only USB port shown in the documentation is to connect to a computer, not a device like a USB stick. And even then, it's only for transferring midi (song) files, not registrations.

You're limited to the 16 registrations the instrument can store internally.

Regards,
Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Saving registratiinn to USB on DGX 620 Portable Grand Piano
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 12:22:42 AM »
Hi Melodies,

As you are no doubt aware the DGX620 has both USB 'TO HOST' and 'TO DEVICE' sockets on the rear, and you certainly can use a USB memory stick in the 'TO DEVICE' one.

The 16 registration memories can be saved to USB, but only as part of a USER file. The current User Song and User Style are also saved as part of this file.  Unfortunately you can't opt to load just the registrations from a User file, so when you load a User file to access the registrations in it, the songs and style already in the User positions on the keyboard will also be overwritten with what is in the User file.  You need to consider this when loading one!

Now that you know that you need to save and load a User file, I suggest that you have another look at the manual in the section  'Using USB Flash Memory' (pages 90 to 96), and specifically page 93 'Saving Data' and page 95 'Loading User Files and Style Files'.

If you have any queries after looking in the manual, post back.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:25:17 AM by tyrosaurus »