Author Topic: help  (Read 15704 times)

Bakhat

help
« on: November 09, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »
I am trying to download some oriental styles form Korg pa3x to my yamaha psra2000, a member named Ed Beaty
posted some great styles I downloaded them by would not allow me to transfer to my Yamaha can you show me how to do it please

Many thanks

Offline travlin-easy

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 01:55:15 PM »
Assuming you downloaded and unzipped the files, then copied them to the floppy disk, if the files are the correct format you should be able to load them. However, I suspect that the files are NOT the correct format or just too large to load into your PSR-2000s memory.

To load them, press the User style button, then tab to the floppy drive and you should see the style files. If you cannot see them, they probably have not been unzipped, or are the wrong format.

Good Luck and I hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Bakhat

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 02:22:32 PM »
Hi Gary

Thank you for your reply, I am not great with computures but I have the file in my document when I open it is does read ( lot of signs small words etc )
I sent it from my document to my flush stick but when I plug to USB on my Yamaha pasrA2000 it is their but but deos not copy
I dowloaded an Oriental Expansion pack from Yamaha ( free ) then when I put it in my document then to My Flush stick and into the Yahama USB it did work and I dowloaded some nice stuff

Many thanks
Khal

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 04:38:47 PM »
Kahl, post the file here and I'll try to figure out what is wrong with it and send it back to you.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »
Hi Khal,

The Oriental pack that you downloaded for your PSR-A2000 is a YEP (Yamaha Expansion Pack) containing both styles and voices.  This is loaded to the instrument's expansion memory which is reserved for these packs.

If the Korg styles that you are referring to are the ones from the PSR Tutorial site's Styles/Oth Kbds/Korg Style Conversions page at this link  http://psrtutorial.com/sty/keyboards/korg.html , then they should play on your keyboard since it uses the SFF-GE (SFF2) format, but can also play SFF1 styles such as these.

Any files from this page that you download will be in  Zip form, and you will need to use your computer to unzip the file (which presumably you had to do with the Oriental pack). 

Once unzipped you can transfer them to USB and connect it to your instrument.

External styles such as these, not in a YEP pack , are loaded to the keyboards differently to a YEP pack.

I don't have an A2000, but if it is like most other Yamaha arranger keyboards, you load a style from USB by first of all opening the STYLE Selection Display.  You can do this by pressing any of the buttons in the STYLE section on the left of the keyboard, or if the MAIN display is open, just press the D button next to Style on the display.

If you have your USB plugged in, you will see three 'Tabs' at the top of the screen (PRESET, USER, USB1).

Use the two TAB buttons to move to the USB1 tab, and you should see a list of objects on the USB device.  This will show any folders first, followed by any Styles that are on the drive at the root level.  If the styles are in a folder, as they probably are, locate the folder in the list and press the A to J button immediately next to it.

Once you can see the style that you want, simply press the relevant A to J button to load it to the keyboard ready to play.   

Note that this will not transfer the style to the USER or EXPANSION memory of the keyboard. You can copy them to the USER area if you want, but  since it is quite small, it probably best kept for other purposes.  It would probably be best to just leave the styles on the USB stick and leave it plugged in as a sort of mini hard drive.

Regards

Ian

Bakhat

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 04:11:26 AM »
Many thanks Ian, I copied the " Midiplayer_update831" unzip it then copied it to my flush stick, I pluged it into my yamaha USB then expension pack instalation , the file is there in it folder i pressed it to open but will not

Not sure if this is going to work gents but you have been great thatns

Thank

Online Jørgen

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 04:30:11 AM »
Hi

PSR A2000 does NOT support SFF2 format (SFF-GE) styles.

If the styles are SSF2 format they have to be converted. Use my "Style Format 2 Converter" software at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sf2c/index.htm

You can extract styles from YEP using my "Style In YEP Files" software at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/yep/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Bakhat

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 10:53:25 AM »
Thanks Jorgen,

I have dowloaded " Style format2 converter " what do I need to do next, as I explained I had no problems installing the extention pack ( Oriental ) to my Yahama PSR A2000. I would like to introduce new Oriental instrument and rhythms to my Yamaha and I was looking at Korg Pa3x styles I have downloaded and have it unziplet but will not open in my Yamaha

Many thanks

Khal

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
Are you sure these KORG styles are converted to the YAMAHA format?? If not they will NOT play at all.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 02:38:30 PM »
Hi

PSR A2000 does NOT support SFF2 format (SFF-GE) styles.

If the styles are SSF2 format they have to be converted. Use my "Style Format 2 Converter" software at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sf2c/index.htm

You can extract styles from YEP using my "Style In YEP Files" software at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/yep/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen

Hi Jørgen,

Yamaha seems to think that the A2000 does use the SFF-GE (SFF2) style format!  See the attached extract from the specifications section of the PRS-A2000 Owner's Manual.

In any event the converted Korg styles that I referred to on the PSR Tutorial site, are already claimed to be in SFF1 format, so would play on an A2000 whatever style format it uses.

Regards

Ian

Bakhat

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 02:06:02 PM »
Thank you all, I will have to use what already in my Yamaha as I don't think any of the dowloaded style I have been offered by you gent is working I give up!

Many thanks again

Khalid

Offline Ed B

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »
Bakhat

Don't give up they should work just fine. The A2000 can handle both SFF1 and SFF2 (GE) styles. Those styles are SFF1 and will work.
1) Download to your computer.
2) Unzip the styles and then copy to your flash drive.
3) Put your flash drive in your A2000 and then push the user button in your style selection area.
4) You will see the styles. Select one and then you should be able to turn on the accompaniment
5) Play the style.
Here also is one style to try by itself

let us know how you make out
Ed B
Keep on learning

Bakhat

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 02:27:57 PM »
Thank you gent, great help and great people, ED you definitely got me right into it with your point 3 to 5 spot on:)

I downloaded oriental styles from the Korg free  styles for korg PA3x but did not work on the yamaha. Ed the on you sent me worked straight away, also the one Ian sent me worked thank you

Many thanks again
Khalid

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »
Thank you gent, great help and great people, ED you definitely got me right into it with your point 3 to 5 spot on:)

I downloaded oriental styles from the Korg free  styles for korg PA3x but did not work on the yamaha. Ed the on you sent me worked straight away, also the one Ian sent me worked thank you

Many thanks again
Khalid

No Khalid, that's the problem I have mentioned before, every brand uses it's own format for styles. Korg, like all others need to be converted to the Yamaha format. It can usually be done with EMC Styleworks. I have an older version that doesn't has the PA3X in it so I can't offer you to convert them. Maybe someone else on the forum has a newer version.
However, I do have a lot of oriental styles of all sorts for Yamaha. If you send me a PM with an email address (not on the forum!) I am more than willing to mail them to you.

Regards
Dick
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950