Author Topic: Floppy Drive Replacement for PSR 2100  (Read 13559 times)

Offline doctorJ

Floppy Drive Replacement for PSR 2100
« on: June 25, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »
Wondering if anyone can suggest the "correct" floppy emulator for the Yamaha PSR 2100, looks like my floppy finally stop working.
My 2100 still performs and sounds great other than the floppy issue.
I don't mind an ebay purchase etc, just need a recommendation from someone who may have recently replaced theirs.
Dr. J
Happy PSR 2100 Owner!

Offline MinhTuan89

Re: Floppy Drive Replacement for PSR 2100
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:29:33 AM »
I'm the first user of this products.You can see here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuqyf7F412c

Mikeee

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 05:15:46 PM »
Hi MinhTuan89 can you give me some detail as to how this emulator is working out for you,
thanks from,
Mike.

Offline maramsp

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 08:04:26 AM »
What i just did was plain simple.

You go to your favorite electronics store, or webstore and order an INTERNAL floppy drive. The one that you have to build-in in to your pc normally.
Then when its delivered you get a phillips screwdriver, and you unscrew all of the screws from your 2100.
You then take the back of ur psr2100 from ur front of ur psr2100. Watch out tho, since those 2 are connected so make sure you have enough room to perform the operation, since there is only one way possible to take back the back from ur front.
Then you search where your floppy drive is located. You take out the cable from the back, and hook your new floppy drive at the cable, and assemble your keyboard once more, and volia your done :)

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Mara
Im still creating/converting/editing styles for use on all the psr and tyros keyboards that can handle custom styles.
If you have a request, pm me please, and i see what i can do
Also still recording songs, request? pm me :)
My picture is taken in Cura

Offline doctorJ

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 05:01:24 AM »
Thanks for the response Mara. According to Yamaha; the replacement floppy had to be specific model not any...if you are correct then I have an old desktop I could extract the floppy etc.
I also purchased an inexpensive disc cleaner and it worked.http://floppydisk.com/cleaner.htm
I seldom use the floppy but nice to have. my board is now 10 yrs old and still works great.
Cheers and Thanks
Dr. J
Happy PSR 2100 Owner!