Author Topic: The simplest way to transfer files from Tyros 3 to Tyros 4  (Read 1685 times)

BD

The simplest way to transfer files from Tyros 3 to Tyros 4
« on: June 20, 2013, 03:44:14 AM »
Hi to all psr tutorial forum users, always when i need help with my Tyros I return to you guys and always we find some solution  ;) let me explain my situation, I would like to help to my friend which has Tyros 3 keyboard. He imported over 500 midi files,many styles,txt files on Tyros 3 hard disc and created registration banks & presets mostly in USER section for each of song, now ewerything works perfectly, he is planning to sell Tyros 3 and buy Tyros 4, is there any possibility to simply transfer all the content from Tyros 3 to Tyros 4 over USB (maybe clone hard disc), and keep all the registrations and presets in working condition? Please give me an advise how would you transfer all the data in complet(midi files,styles,presets...) from Tyros 3  to Tyros 4?
Revoicing midi files is no problem the goal is to keep registrations and presets working.
Any information is welcome.

friendly regards
Branko

Offline EileenL

Re: The simplest way to transfer files from Tyros 3 to Tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 04:17:18 AM »
Hi Branko,
   Hope this will help

Backing up you Hard Drive on Keyboard

Post by Eileen » Yamahakeyboardplayers.com

I know some of you have had problems doing this in the past. If like me you have a lot of articles saved to your hard drive and have collected them over the years the last thing you want to happen is to lose them. Hard Drives are fairly reliable but there is always that one time, or you may format by accident.
 Firstly you will need a cable with USB(A) one end and USB(B) the other. In other words a printer cable. Connect up and have your computer switched on and your Keyboard switched Off. At this point I would suggest you switch of your modem, anti-virus and screen savers. This prevents any interference with the file transfer. Now, holding down the Music Finder Button switch keyboard on. In a few seconds your keyboard screen will show you it is connected. Now go to your computer and you will see Tyros4 HDD. Right click this and from the drop down menu select "Copy". Next thing to do is select your" C " drive root directory. Right click and from the drop down menu select "Paste”. According to how much information you are saving this may take several hours. This is well worth the time as, in case of problems with the keyboard Hard Drive you have all your hard work saved. To reload this back just use reverse procedure and everything will go back in tact with all your links still active.
 Don't forget then to turn back on your computer the Modem, anti-virus and screen savers.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:18:39 AM by EileenL »

BD

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 12:14:55 AM »
Thank you EileenL for quick response and informations, to be honest I was thinking about that, concerning midi files,styles,txt files I don't expect any problems and I will try it, I don't have an experience but I'm afraid the registration bank and presets will not work and I will have to repair the paths manually. Now I am looking if there is any software to help me.

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 05:42:49 AM »
BD,

Just make a hand written folder tree so that you know the paths to those folders containing the registrations and other important data.

This is much easier than you imagine because you only need to log the location of all the first level of folders relative to the root of the drive.

Everything else will be spot on.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 06:47:05 AM »
Hi to all psr tutorial forum users, always when i need help with my Tyros I return to you guys and always we find some solution  ;) let me explain my situation, I would like to help to my friend which has Tyros 3 keyboard. He imported over 500 midi files,many styles,txt files on Tyros 3 hard disc and created registration banks & presets mostly in USER section for each of song, now ewerything works perfectly, he is planning to sell Tyros 3 and buy Tyros 4, is there any possibility to simply transfer all the content from Tyros 3 to Tyros 4 over USB (maybe clone hard disc), and keep all the registrations and presets in working condition? Please give me an advise how would you transfer all the data in complet(midi files,styles,presets...) from Tyros 3  to Tyros 4?
Revoicing midi files is no problem the goal is to keep registrations and presets working.

Branko,

I transfer data back and forth between my two T4s all the time.

Just connect the T4 to a PC. Turn on the keyboard to file transfer mode (Power On   Music Finder button). Now the T3's hard drive will look like an external drive to the PC. Copy all the files. Reverse the process for the T4.

As long as you copy all the files, and copy them back to the root directory of the new keyboard, you'll have no problems.

Regards,
Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

BD

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 12:32:53 AM »
Thank you Bill and Fred for useful informations, I will try to transfer the data as soon as possible and inform you about my progress.

friendly regards, Branko