Author Topic: Searching this forum - need assistance with searching  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Al Ram

Searching this forum - need assistance with searching
« on: February 25, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »
Hello PSR Tutorial Forum Friends,

I have a bit of a problem, maybe someone knows the solution.

I use the 'search' and the 'advanced search' functions on this forum a lot.  I found that this can be a very powerful research tool before posting my questions.

But I must not be doing this in the right sequence.    My problem is that when I use the search or advanced search and get back many items in the list of searched results, I click and open one of the items, after I finish reading this item I want to go back to the list of search results to continue reading with the second item and so on.  So, I click the back arrow on my internet browser MS Explorer or Mozilla, well, I can never go back to the original list of search results, I always get an error message indicating the document or list has expired . . . . .    So, i have to type again my search criteria and start all over . . . . . read the second item on the list and do this many times if I want to read all the searched items.

I have tried both MS Explorer and FireFox Mozilla, I have tried both from home and office and always get the same result . . . . .

is there a sequence to searching that I am not following properly . . . . . .?

Thanks . . . . . . . in advance, sorry for any inconveniences . . . .  .

AL

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Mikek703

Re: Searching this forum - need assistance with searching
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »
Hi AL,
In Explorer, hold the control key down when you click on a message and it will open in another window.  When you have read that you can close it and your primary window will still be open.
Regards,
Mike

Offline Al Ram

Re: Searching this forum - need assistance with searching
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »
Mike,
thanks a lot.  It works great !!!!!!  appreciated.   thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana