Author Topic: psr For rythum use  (Read 3330 times)

leatherneck

psr For rythum use
« on: February 15, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »
Hello , this my first try on the forum . I have played piano for nearly 80 years but my 2000 beats all ! Is there some way a pedal board ( organ type ) be connected to the 2000 and use it for accompaniment while playing my pedal steel guitar ? I know , who knows !!! Thanks....leatherneck . ( Jim )

Offline Flip

Re: psr For rythum use
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:52:37 AM »
I can't answer your ?....but from one leatherneck to another welcome to the club.  Tell me....what, when and where.  It appears you might go back to the "old corps"....I go back to the 50's.    1/8 FMF 2nd MarDiv.  Flip

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:45:22 AM »
Jim,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to be so late answering your post.

In case you missed the Home Pages for this forum, I post a link to then here: http://psrtutorial.com/index.html

Be sure to check out those Home Pages because you will find lessons, styles, songs and much more there.

I think the organ style pedals have been used connected to these arranger keyboards by
a couple of folks in the past, but I don't know if they were very satisfactory or not as there
was very little discussion about the results.

Hopefully one of our members who has had some experience with the pedals will jump in here and give you some info on that.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

leatherneck

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 08:00:11 AM »
Hello...Thanks for the response to my question . Yes I was in the Corps from 1950 into 1954 . I was in two different outfits , the 3rd Mardiv ,12 th Marines ( Artillery ) and for a while 1st Mardiv ,11th Marines ( Artillery ) . That was a LONG time ago but I remember every moment of those times . Never sorry that I enlisted !! ( Right after high school graduation  ) . I am still connected to the Corps by belonging to a Marin Corps League here in Michigan . Great bunch of guys and gals . I'm not sure if this will show up as a reply but I hope so . I turned 81 a month ago . Thank you so much for the reply and I will go to the recommended area to try to learn more about how this forum works .
SEMPER  FIDELIS my Friend ...... Jim .

Offline Flip

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »
Same to you Jim...FI!.  3 MarDiv...Okinawa....finished up at Pendelton, a Hollywood Marine.  I was a 2543/41 Message Center.  Well, enough of that "grunt" stuff.  Again, welcome and don't hesitate to post any ?.  Flip

Offline DonM

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
Flip, my dad was on Okinawa too, plus many more islands.  He ended up in Japan after the surrender, overseeing a LAUNDRY, run by a Japanese family.  He wouldn't talk much about combat, but he enjoyed the Japanese citizens after the war.
DonM
DonM

leatherneck

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 09:18:30 AM »
Hello Flip and Don and others ...Glad to make your acquaintances . My MOS was 2533 which is High Speed Morse Code Operator . I had my Ham license when I enlisted and somehow they figured I should be in communications . I went to P.I for boot and then moved to Pendleton . I went TAD to San Diego for radio school which I enjoyed a lot . Then back to Pendleton and then to Headquarters Battery , 12th Marine Btn . Later went to Hawaii and reformed the Third Marine Brigade for a short time . Then the Third Division was reactivated and then aboard the 7th FMF Ships and deployed to Japan at Mt Fugi , Camp McNair . I was assigned to be the Btn EXO jeep driver and Division Command Morse code net operator with a ton of radio gear in the back seat of my jeep . Good Duty ! We became the troop replacement for the 1st Div in Korea . I went TAD to the 11th Marines there training 2nd Lts. in Artillery comm operations . Sure felt sorry for those kids as they were destined to be Forward Observer leader for the artillery guns . Shortly after all that the cease fire happened and I was rotated back to Treasure Island for discharge . A long story but now its done !! I glad to meet all of you good folks and look forward to many posts here . Thanks again . BLESSINGS to all and SEMPER  FIDELIS....Jim .