Author Topic: Style switching  (Read 3496 times)

rbalaa

Style switching
« on: December 14, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »
Any tips to switching styles quickly, without looking at the screen ? Registrations maybe ? Thanks in advance.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Style switching
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
Any tips to switching styles quickly, without looking at the screen ? Registrations maybe ? Thanks in advance.

Registrations are the answer for me, especially if you use the registration sequencer.

Here's a video on how to set them up: http://youtu.be/D9gJOH1fK1c

Regards,
Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

rbalaa

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
Thanks very much for your reply.

Is it normal that when switching between styles, it get interrupted between bars ? Do you know what I mean ... It doesn't let the bar finish and then switch over ...

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »
Is it normal that when switching between styles, it get interrupted between bars ? Do you know what I mean ... It doesn't let the bar finish and then switch over ...

"normal" is in the eye of the beholder. It's certainly an option.

There are lots of options which control style change behavior. You can check them out in Function>Style Setting ...

See if one or more of the options solves your problem.

If you need more help, when you post back, clarify what you mean by "switching between styles". Do you mean moving to a different Main of the same style, or switching to a different style altogether? And, are you using OTS?

Regards,
Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

rbalaa

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 04:48:14 PM »
"normal" is in the eye of the beholder. It's certainly an option.

There are lots of options which control style change behavior. You can check them out in Function>Style Setting ...

See if one or more of the options solves your problem.

If you need more help, when you post back, clarify what you mean by "switching between styles". Do you mean moving to a different Main of the same style, or switching to a different style altogether? And, are you using OTS?

Regards,
Fred.

No not using OTS. I looked at the Style Settings but couldn't find an answer.

I'll try to explain clearer.

Say you're playing Variation "A" from "RockBeat", then you want to switch the whole style (so a brand new beat), well as soon as I press the new "RockBeat2", it switched right away interrupting the rhythm, I would like it to finish the bar THEN jump to the next beat I chose.

Thanks.

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »
If a style is of the same 'sort' in rhythm-beat-tempo etc. you should not have a noticeable problem. However, our human brain is much faster than a keyboard 'brain' and we can switch almost anything very quickly. But when a style is different the processor in the keyboard (brain) has to recalculate before it can produce the correct sound.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
No not using OTS. I looked at the Style Settings but couldn't find an answer.
Say you're playing Variation "A" from "RockBeat", then you want to switch the whole style (so a brand new beat), well as soon as I press the new "RockBeat2", it switched right away interrupting the rhythm, I would like it to finish the bar THEN jump to the next beat I chose.

I tested out changing styles, and found the exact opposite you did. In every case, the style changed only at the start of the next bar. I have a Tyros 4. What keyboard do you have?

You'll have to give us more information on what you're doing, because I can't duplicate the problem.

Regards,
Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

rbalaa

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »
I tested out changing styles, and found the exact opposite you did. In every case, the style changed only at the start of the next bar. I have a Tyros 4. What keyboard do you have?

You'll have to give us more information on what you're doing, because I can't duplicate the problem.

Regards,
Fred.

Thanks for looking into this. I have a PSR-A2000 oriental. I guess I posted in the wrong section ?