Author Topic: Can you all join me in thanking Joe Waters. (2012)  (Read 11869 times)

Offline Eddie Shoemaker

Can you all join me in thanking Joe Waters. (2012)
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:55:08 AM »
Yamaha makes fantastic keyboards. Without the PSR Tutorial many of us would never know about the many "hidden" features of the instruments and how to use them. No owners or reference manual can duplicate or even come close to the personal touch of Q & A provided by peer owners....professional and hobbyists alike. Many of us have made lasting friends of other members over the years and shared life experiences that go beyond playing music. Joe...thanks for making all this possible.

Eddie

Offline hammer

Can you all join me in thanking Joe Waters. (2012)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 06:59:15 AM »
I totally agree with Eddie here.  This forum is the reason I ended up buying
a Yamaha keyboard which was a PSR3000 and my first keyboard.  Without the information this forum provided I probably would have returned it and moved on.
I often think about Joe's "plan B" if he is ever not able to continue his wonderful work on this forum.

Deane

Offline Joe W

Re: Can you all join me in thanking Joe Waters. (2012)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 07:40:40 AM »
Thank you so much, Eddie.  I was surprised to see that there was an earlier page to this topic.  When I looked there, I realized that you were updating a topic that originated last year.  That was very kind of you, but I did take the liberty of splitting your message, and Hammer's follow-on, into a new topic for this year.   It's amazing that another year has flown by and here we are once more getting ready for Christmas.  Joyce, of course, is doing ALL the work of shopping and wrapping presents and decorating while I am sitting at the computer trying to learn the latest version of FileMaker and thinking about how to create updated "products" for 2013.

Sorry, Hammer, at the moment there is no "Plan B".  This forum has a number of moderators and there may be a way to continue it.  Similarly, the web site won't automatically disappear, but for someone new to be able to step in and figure it all out, well, that would be a daunting task.  It certainly does give me something to do.  I enjoy learning some new tricks every now and then, but I confess, that I'm a lot slower than I used to be.  I think the grand kids will be able to figure out all the ins and outs of our TV/DVD/BlueRay/Sony/AppleTV/iPod/iPad/Cloud etc  conglomeration before I will.  It's also a bit discouraging that eye sight does not seem to improve with age.  This is when there would be a great advantage in being able to play "by ear", which, alas, is a skill I do not have.

As I think about what I might be able to add in the coming year, I certainly would appreciate any suggestions from forum members.  There are a lot of members who regularly read the posts but are not ready to step in and actually post their own messages.  If you are one of the many members in that crowd, please feel free to send me a note with your ideas (my email is jpwaters@gmail.com). 

While it is still a bit early, let me end this by wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year!

-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 07:51:57 AM »
Agree; Joe has made a great site even better and continue to excel  :D
Also the moderators of this site have added valuable input in there own right.
I believe this site and the work that goes on behind the scenes too has helped numerous people from all over the world express ideas; exchange thoughts and suggestions ;created beautiful original and inspirational music in all era's whatever they may be.
Joe has certainly personally giving of himself to make this PSR Tutorial site continue to excel in the areas of what it was designed to do for Yamaha PSR and Yamaha keyboards and players,musicians.

Best Regards to Joe  "Hats off" :D

Craig "Keyboardist"
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline maxmiller91

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 08:08:45 AM »
Joe - Thank you for all you do in making this forum possible and certainly something to be thankful for.  Like a faithful friend, there it is every morning to peruse, enjoy and learn from.  Maxine
Tyros 2
Yamaha P120
Roland KC 350 amp.

Offline Gloria

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 08:24:47 AM »
Another year has passed again with lots of fun, inspiration and much needed tutorials!   :D  Thank you Joe for doing the great job you do "behind the scenes" and having such a smooth running, peaceful Forum!  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!   ;D
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline Wally Z

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 08:32:03 AM »
Thank you Joe and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 
Amateur- A person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or professional reasons.
Here's some of my compositions.

Offline DonM

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
I was one of the first members not too long after Joe started the site.  I never thought it would grow to be what it is today.
If there is one thing that differentiates this site from most others, it is the fact that everyone is NICE to each other.  It makes you WANT to step in and help others.
I'm not sure how Joe keeps it this way, but it would be a great model for society as a whole!
Keep up the good work, Joe, and thank you.
DonM
DonM

Offline Rich_M

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:05 AM »
Joe,
I agree, you keep this site tuned like a fine Swiss watch. Plan "B' is, you stay healthy. Thanks to you, the moderators and the members, this is an oasis of sanity in a crazy world. Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

Regards,
Rich

PS
I started going through the 2012 USB Lesson Drive that I purchased from you and it's great. That will keep me busy for some time. Thanks for the quick turn around.
T-4, PSR-S910, PSR-2000, Blue Man Group Keyboard

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 09:54:28 AM »
If there is one thing that differentiates this site from most others, it is the fact that everyone is NICE to each other.  It makes you WANT to step in and help others.
I'm not sure how Joe keeps it this way, but it would be a great model for society as a whole!
Keep up the good work, Joe, and thank you.

Don,

I couldn't agree more. Compared to other boards that I monitor (like Excel or Yahoo Answers), this forum is a pleasure. It's the first one I go to when I sit down at the computer, and never dread looking into the threads.

Joe, keep up the good work. It's a great place to learn and teach.

Merry Christmas,
Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline FrankB

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 11:39:44 AM »
Thanks you again "Mr. Joe Waters".

Was going to try to write out some numbers about the number of people Joe
has directly and/or indirectly helped with this forum.

The many folks who gig at Senior locations magnify this a great deal.

Pretend Joe Waters is the 1 bit in the power of ten link.
Then the first 10 members, etc., etc. .

http://th.atguy.com/techCorner/powers.shtml

Don't think we can even realistically count the total  folks affected.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you All !

Frank & Tessie Blecha

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:43:03 AM by FrankB »

Offline amateur

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 11:49:18 AM »
Joe,

During my more than eight years membership I never missed out a day visiting this fantastic forum.

Many thanks to you, the moderators and helpful members. Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Happy Playing!

Ton
Netherlands
C'est le ton qui fait la musique.

Offline Flip

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »
I too join the chorus...a toast to you JW.  And, perhaps the best way to show our thanks and gratitude is a small contribution so Joe can have a Holiday "drink" on us.  I know its getting time to dig in my pocket again.

Joe, many thanks and a blessed Christmas to you and yours!

Regards, Flip

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »
I joined this forum a few months ago, I guess I am still a newbie.!  For me, this forum has made a tremendous difference.

I upgraded from a Yamaha S550 -which I only had for a few days- to the Tyros 4.  Thanks to this forum, I have learned how to use almost every feature of the T4. To be totally honest, sometimes I am not entirely sure what I am doing, like for example setting the EQ's and 'technical' stuff like that but thanks to the forum I was able to set those things up. The help provided here allows me to concentrate on playing rather than researching. (but I have the read the Yamaha manuals multiple multiple times !!!!)

I really appreciate the forum and very grateful to Joe for starting it and to the other moderators that help to monitor and manage it.  Great job. !!!    I am also grateful to the many other co-forum (is that a word ? !!) people that have always helped me with their responses to my - sometimes very basic - many questions.

I totally agree with Flip and will also start digging in my pocket to invite Joe a drink (where is that donation button !). Myself I do not drink alcohol at all, but how about a toast with whatever Joe likes  . . . . .

Truly appreciative

AL   -
in San Diego and Tijuana
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Mr J

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »
Joe

Thanks for a brilliant site

Merry christmas and happy new year

Jeff

Offline myzone1958

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 02:31:14 PM »
           What can I say Joe Rocks ! This sight Joe put together  has a lot of nice people on it  and it brings people together. What I Liked about this sight is you don't have to be a keyboard player to be apart of this .Singers are also welcomed here  . I Hope  me and Karen can add some more songs to your forum  in the coming year There are a variate of things here to keep ones intrest up. Jokes and so forth just a great web site. So Joe me and Karen are wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy 2013 .    

Regards,
                                                                                                                                                                                           Gregory and Karen  :)
[

Online DrakeM

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
Merry Christmas Joe and many, many more Happy New Years to you!!! :D

This too is the first site I click on in the evenings when I can. I enjoy hearing the songs posted by everyone, I just wish I have more time to post comments to of them all.

The site is wealth of information and everyone is always very helpful in pointing you to the best section of this huge site to solve what ever is your problem.

Regards
Drake

Offline Kytrinh

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 06:00:02 PM »
Of all that is already said...  THANK YOU Mr. Joe Waters.. Ky.
Tyros4, Pa4X, Audya5, KetronSD40, RolandXP30

Offline Lynn Rae

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 07:24:58 PM »
Joe,
    Here is a big THANK YOU from Michigan!
                    Hugs,
                 Lynn Rae
You can take me out of the country, but you can't take the country out of me!
PSR Performer Page

Offline madakaben

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 02:18:45 AM »
Dear Joe W,

A simple "Thank You" would never be sufficient enough for  what you do to keep this forum alive. Your dedication towards this work inspires most of us. Keep up the good work. We wish you (on behalf of all my Indian friends on this forum) HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND BLESSED NEW YEAR!!.

Regards
Benny

Online Udo

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 03:38:48 AM »
Hi Joe ,

A big THANK YOU from Germany as well !

Merry Christmas

Udo

joe garcia

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 05:44:24 AM »
yes,  a big thanks to joe for doing all he does for this great forum. i aslo want to thank all the members that share there styles, voices & knowledge.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »
Happy Christmas Joe,Thanks for everything.
                                           Cheers Cowboy 

Offline Soh

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 02:07:18 AM »
A big "Thank You" to Joe who have gathered so many people here to generously share their expertise and knowledge to answer the questions and doubts about the Yamaha Keyboard.

If not for this PSR Tutorial site and forum, many of us would not have discovered that it is such nice fun to play the Yamaha Keyboard, even for a novice like me. I actually bought a used PSR 3000 after coming across this forum some years ago, and it is still my favorite hobby.

Cheers and a Blessed and Joyous Christmas and New Year to all!

Offline alleycat

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »
Hi Joe,
Thank you very much Joe for all you do, it's a GREAT site and the moderators are very helpful.
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and A Happy & healthy New Year.
Patty (Alleycat)

Offline Afton72

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »
Hi Joe,
           Great BIG thank you from an Australian amateur.       Like Ted, I pop in several times a day.
I class it as my 2nd home, & have made a some very good friends.
            Very good health and happiness to you & yours.
                          Alan

Offline jgriffin

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 10:30:32 PM »
A big Texas THANK YOU from this neck of the woods.  You are truly FANTASTIC!
Janet
PSR Performer page
GENOS, Yamaha Baby Grand, (2) Motif ES8, Tyos 2, (2) Tyros 3, Tyros 5-76, DGX-650 & 660, Yamaha P140, StagePas 300 & 600, (2) Bose Compact, Yamaha

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 01:05:43 AM »
Yes, I started this topic last year.
Well Done Joe.

Graham UK
T2 + NP30

johnandeme

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 06:05:11 AM »
Just keep doing what you are doing. Based on the response you must know people really appreciate your efforts.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
Thank you Joe for this marvellous resource.    I am a new member but already  have experienced assistamce from you and a number of members.  Bob88

Offline Mikek703

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 05:09:26 AM »
Thanks Joe,
I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to do something simple like save volume and bass changes I had made to a style and couldn't figure out why the changes were not being saved.  I finally wised up this morning and read your article on saving styles and within minutes my changes were saved.
Regards,
Mike

Offline vulcan362

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 06:53:59 PM »
Thanks Joe, for this great resource.  Any problem I'm having I check out the lessons and search the forum before I spend too much time on my own with the manual trying to solve the problem  Yamaha should include your lessons in a book with their arrangers.  Its much better than the manual.

Thanks for all your hard work keeping the board up to date

Bob Mc
Bob

KeyboardEd

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
Joe W, Thank You.

It's difficult for me to find a better way or different words that can state the depth of my gratitude to Joe than those two simple words.

It's easy to realize that I'm just one of many people that have been enriched by the work Joe has, and continues, to do for us.

I am truly grateful for what we have here.

Thank You Joe & Thank You PSR Forum members.

-Ed L.

Brombeer

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 03:24:12 AM »
Thank you Joe! for all the time and effort,

Thank you forum members and a special thank you to the creators of the lessons and all the neat utility programs which were and still are a BIG help in enjoying my keyboard even more.

Pete

Offline Carol Hall

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 07:30:10 AM »
Yamaha makes fantastic keyboards. Without the PSR Tutorial many of us would never know about the many "hidden" features of the instruments and how to use them. No owners or reference manual can duplicate or even come close to the personal touch of Q & A provided by peer owners....professional and hobbyists alike. Many of us have made lasting friends of other members over the years and shared life experiences that go beyond playing music. Joe...thanks for making all this possible.

Eddie

We can also thank the Lord for Joe Waters and all the other folks who have made it possible for us to minister in the small churches and rest homes and different opportunities that have come our way. If it was not for this site and the folks there we would have never known the keyboards we have had through the years. Our prayers for those involved continues as we continue to give thanks. God Bless, Ron and Carol hall