Author Topic: Screen goes Blank ->HELP  (Read 2853 times)

Offline DrakeM

Screen goes Blank ->HELP
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:58:32 PM »
I think my PSR2000 just died  :'(

When I turn it on the screen comes on WHITE then very slowly the image starts to appear but then continues to DARKEN until it's all dark. Then it crackles and the Yamaha logo appears for about 3 seconds and then it shuts down. This whole sequence takes only about 30 seconds.

How do I go about getting this old keyboard fixed? ???

Do I need to return this to a local Yamaha Dealer(of which there are 3 in my area whom I have never heard and appear to be small mom and pop type shops).
Or can I take to Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Willis Music, or Buddy Rogers because it is 11 years old?

Thanks
Drake
(I'm located in Ohio,USA)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:48:30 PM by DrakeM »

Offline RONBO

Re: Screen goes Blank ->HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:29:41 PM »
Hello Drake:

Same thing happened to my 2100 a couple of years ago.

In short there is no viable affordable fix for this. call it the cycle of life of an electronic apparatus.
 it's surprising it lasted this long. ten years or more

Time to let it go , Drake.
Look for a replacement

regards

Ron

PS bought a used 910 from a member id Pennsylvania. no regrets at all

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 04:04:36 PM »
Hi Ron,

I just found out today that the tech looking at repairing my keyboard said that the replacement part that is bad is no longer available from Yamaha. He also informed me that there is no 3rd party company that supplies the part either. There is very little demand for parts for the older Yamaha keyboards.

Regards
Drake

Offline rizkhancnn

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »
You need to open the keyboard, remove the covered metal of the main pcd board. use a heat gun gently on the main cpu ic.
repack
enjoy