Author Topic: Question about the OTS Link Function  (Read 2685 times)

skeezix

Question about the OTS Link Function
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »
It appears to me that turning the OTS Link off will freeze whatever is currently selected in the Multipad and the Main, Layer, and Left voices and the only way it will ever turn on again is if I manually turn it on or if I restore the System Settings by cycling power.

Was that functionality intentionally designed or is that just how things happened to work out?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Question about the OTS Link Function
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »
It appears to me that turning the OTS Link off will freeze whatever is currently selected in the Multipad and the Main, Layer, and Left voices and the only way it will ever turn on again is if I manually turn it on or if I restore the System Settings by cycling power.

Not really. First, OTS does not modify multipads, so whether it's on or off will have no effect on your multipads.

Second, OTS link on means that when you load one of the mains of a style, any OTS information (Left, Main and Layer in your case; Left, Right1, Right2 and Right3 in others) also gets loaded into the voices. With OTS link off, the voices won't be loaded automatically.

My concern is that "freeze" is misleading to most people, as you can still manually load OTS voices by pressing one of the OTS buttons, and, of course, you can manually change voices. It also certainly has nothing to do with the Freeze button.

Hope this helps,
Fred

Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons