Author Topic: Record tempo  (Read 5482 times)

spankyjo54

Record tempo
« on: April 30, 2005, 11:13:39 PM »
I have been saving my compositions on my 2000 by recording them onto it until I can get them perfected, then record onto a mixer to CD. My problem is with the Reg Memory during recording. I have set sometimes 2 or 3 different variations and combinations and go from light to med to heavy sound and instruments with just one song. But, when I go from one sound to the next by hitting the reg mem. keys as I go, the temp changes. For instance. I have one song that I have the tempo set at 95 on #1 when I go to #2 the tempo either speeds up  faster or slows down. I have not been able to figure out how to fix this problem. The Reg Mem tempos are set and as I play they do fine, but when I try to record them onto the 2000, go from 1 to 2 the tempo changes. Is there a way to remedy this problem? :?

Online MBedesem

Record tempo
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 04:36:03 AM »
I was unable to reproduce what I understood to be your problem on my PSR-2000.

Here is what I did:

1) Depressing memory I made sure Tempo was checked.

2) Set up two registrations, buttons 1 &2, with different tempos(126 and 82)

3) Recorded a midi with extra tracks and track 1, and changed the registration from 1 to 2 withing the song.

All worked as expected. Where is it different from what happens on your system?

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

ardenlester00

Tempo change
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 05:22:52 AM »
A similiar thing happens to me - until I press "Freeze" on the next time I use it.  And, if "freeze" is on when you are setting up the registrations wouldn't it revert back to that previous tempo - such as the built-in original tempo?

Let us know,

Dennis

spankyjo54

Record tempo
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 11:27:48 AM »
I will have to give a, for instance. :-)  I have a song that uses 3 reg mem buttons. All setting are saved on disk and styles are stored in user style tab. I put in the disk, set the reg mem for that song and play. The reg mem 1 is tempo 100 as the other two when I just play the song without recording. I change reg memory from 1 to 2 while playing with and the tempo stays 100 on all three reg mem setting.  I set to record and reg 1 plays at 100, when I change to 2 or 3 it drops to 85.
  I only use freeze when I have found just the right sound and do now want to have to hunt all over the board for the same settings to put on 2 and 3. That way I have the same instruments set but some are turned off or others are enhanced. I tried resetting with freeze off and it still does the same thing. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.   :(

ardenlester00

Tempo Changes
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 03:47:45 PM »
You described it very well - I see clearly - but don't know what the heck would cause it.

I'm wondering if the style being in the User Style Tab area - not on a disk or usb would make the difference.  Is it possible that when in the User Style Tab that the Reg Settings pull only the basic style - and not recognize the Tempo in the actual recording?

Are ANY changes to styles pulled up when the style is stored in the User Style Tab and you depend on a Registration that is stored....on a disk (or loaded into User....? )  

Would the diagram of the path that the info would travel when  "Recording" include going through the "Reg." then into the Style which then is being recorded?

I didn't express that well, I'm sure.  I may not even understand the problem - not having done that combination.  

Gary, help!  Michael, Help!

Dennis

Online MBedesem

Record tempo
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 06:36:43 PM »
Confusing and interesting....

Can anyone duplicate the problem?

If not, I suggest that Spanky try a system setup reset (Hold down the right most white key while turning on the power, and hold until seeing the message). That should eliminate any strange PSR state that might be involved.

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Online travlin-easy

Record tempo
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 07:59:22 PM »
I suspect you are doing something wrong with the registration files, because I was not able to duplicate your problem.

If you wish, you can email me the registration files at gary_diamond@hotmail.com and maybe that will shed some light on the problem.

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline eclark

Re: Record tempo
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 09:29:31 PM »
I'm new with the A2000 and really like it but when it comes to saving the tempos I can't seem to get them to save to the new tempo when I manually change it.  If you switch from one sound to another and come back it resets to the default.  Can you help me with what I may be missing?  I have tried the other tap tempo but it still does not overwrite what I want the tempo to be.
I also tried the hold, lock button but that changes ALL the tempos to the same.

Thanks,

Ed