Author Topic: CAN YOU INCREASE INTERNAL FLASH MEMORY?  (Read 8059 times)

thushara518

CAN YOU INCREASE INTERNAL FLASH MEMORY?
« on: October 18, 2011, 02:41:53 AM »

How can i increase internal flash memory on 2100? any one know how to protect floppy diskettes? lot of diskettes are not working after few days..

thanks
thushara518

Offline Graham UK

Re: CAN YOU INCREASE INTERNAL FLASH MEMORY?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 03:53:00 AM »
Memory increase is a No-No.   Only way to protecting Floppy Disks, all floppies have a little slide switch to stop them being written too. Floppies can however become unreliable after a lot of uses.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:54:40 AM by Graham UK »
T2 + NP30

Offline rizkhancnn

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »
u have to get the flash ic removed and replace it with higher value, needs a technician.
only way to protect floppy data is to install floppy emulator

Offline Larry Warner

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 04:58:27 PM »
1st -  you cannot increase internal memory.
2nd - You can protect the Floppy from being ruined but locking it as mentioned.  This way nothing can be added or removed and distorted on the floppy.
3rd - You say that after a few days a lot of the diskettes are not working.  Do you by any chance have a magnet or anything magnetized laying near the diskettes?
        If you do then that is your problem.  Anything magnetized will ruin the floppies.

Larry
Larry

Online travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »
You may need to clean, or replace the floppy drive.

Good Luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Larry Warner

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »
Hi Gary,

On the cleaning of the floppy drive, I certainly agree.  Many, many, people forget about the drive for years.  Then all of a
sudden it does not work.  All a person needs to do is get a floppy drive cleaner and depending upon how heavy of use it gets.
use the floppy cleaner every 8 hours or once a week.

Larry
Larry

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 07:40:36 PM »
Someone is giving away a new floppy for the price of shipping (to the USA only)

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=20661.msg141985#msg141985

If you want to consider a USB floppy emulator, there is a GOTEK brand on eBay that wil replace the ALPS floppy drive. The USB thumb drive can be formatted for 100 virtual 720K floppies or 100 vitual 1.2 and 1.44 MB floppies.  the USB drive can be exchanged between the keyboard and PC with no problems.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline doctorJ

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
Wondering if anyone can suggest the "correct" floppy emulator for the Yamaha PSR 2100, looks like my floppy finally stop working.
My 2100 still performs and sounds great other than the floppy issue. I don't mind an ebay purchase etc, just need a recommendation from someone who may have recently replaced theirs.

Thanks
Dr. J
Happy PSR 2100 Owner!

Offline rizkhancnn

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 04:22:13 PM »
Hello DoctorJ
I have installed a floppy emulator in psr 2100. procedure is simple. buy Gotek brand, any black color doesnt matter if it has 3 digits, it will work.