Author Topic: PSR s710 Hang Issue!  (Read 1723 times)

adwaitk

PSR s710 Hang Issue!
« on: September 23, 2011, 04:40:38 AM »
Hello Everyone..!

I brought my PSR s710 about 6 months ago..  wonderful instrument!

It is still in the warranty period..

After using it for 2-3 live performances, I 1st time faced the issue.. my keyboard hangs!!-That's what i call it.. This is what happens: Suddenly the screen goes blank(but the backlight is on!), not a single key sounds, and all the buttons on-board (the ones for voices, styles having those small lights) go off! ??? This is really scary.. :'( The solution is i have to power it off!

Another observation: the brightness of screen goes on increasing before it hangs..
It happens even at low volumes..

Its not like its memory is full etc..

One situation is when  i was recording 3 channels simultaneously..etc..

For once i have used an USB.. which might have virus in it.. But from the forum i learn that, the OS is safe and cleans itself with the master reset. I tried with master reset.. after that i observe the issue.. very probabilistic!

I have been using a voltage stabilizer(even though i am using the standard Yamaha adapter, which i hear to have a stabilizer in it)

This problem is very irregular and once it hangs.. then it hangs for about 9-10 times continuously, until i have to stop starting it..
Really feels so bad when you are playing it and it hangs in between.. :'(
Especially for live performances.. it has become very unreliable!(i have screwed up 1 show due to it!)

So please guys can you assist me in tackling this issue..?? What could be the reasons for such a case?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:42:54 AM by adwaitk »

Offline Bill Grosse

Re: PSR s710 Hang Issue!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:57:57 AM »
adwaitk,

What you are describing is an Operating system crash and this can be caused by a bad song or style among other reasons.

If you can connect the happening with a portion of your set you are playing, you might get a clue from that.

But, it could be you the power supply is being overloaded - next time it does this, check the power supply to see if it is hot to the touch.
If the power suply is hot, you are running the keyboard at to high a master volume setting.

Hope this helps you find the problem.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

adwaitk

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 05:14:17 AM »
Bill,

I checked the power adapter.. its not hot to touch.. also the crash takes place at low volumes..!

It is not like, for a particular setting of keyboard it crashes.. it is absolutely random!

I'm checking with my dealer now.. lets see.. maybe it is a bad piece or something.. could it be? Do i get a replacement if the issue is not resolved..?

Thanks for replying,
regards.

adwaitk.

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 06:40:15 AM »
adwaitk,

Hope you get it fixed okay.  8)

Let us know how it comes out.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline Dave Aho

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:41:47 AM »
It may be a power connection/switch/board/supply problem.  Try another power supply if you have one.  I have also had 2 power standby/on/off switches go bad, on both an S700 and an S900, making them act very erratically.  The switches are $7-$8 from Yamaha and changing them carefully is some skill and hour or two.

Good luck,

Dave