- Download PadMaker-Midi182.msi.
- Use Start/Control Panel/Programs to remove your existing version, if installed.
- Double click on the msi file to install PadMaker-Midi on your computer.
PadMaker-Midi is a tool for creating a Multipad based upon the patterns from one or more midi or pad files. Changes in Version 1.8.2 include:
- Support for Tyros5.
- Measure duration is set to pad length when a pad file is used.
- Select All identical Notes added to the midi edit screen.
- Responds properly to many additional fonts.
- Increased speed on some operations.
- Maintenance fixes.
How It Works
A multipad is a four track midi file. On the instrument, a pad is played by depressing one or more of four pad buttons, which starts the pattern(s). Depending upon settings, each pad can play once or repeat endlessly, and have a fixed pitch or follow chords keyed into the accompaniment section.
Since pad patterns are midi patterns, a multipad can be made by copying parts of a midi or pad to a pad track.
PadMaker-Midi provides tools for selecting a pattern, copying it to a new multipad, and editing the voice and other characteristics.
With It You Can
- Create a pad just by selecting an area of a midi or multipad with on screen controls. No typing is required.
- Audition the pattern on your computer or on your PSR/Tyros keyboard.
- Edit an existing multipad.
- Edit the Notes, Octave, Voice, Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Tempo, Brightness, Chord Follow and Repeat parameters for each pad.
- Select instrument voices for PSR 450, 550, 740, 1000, 1100, 1500, 2000, 2100, 3000, 9000, S900, S700, S910, S710, S950, S750, Tyros 1, Tyros 2, Tyros 3, Tyros4, and Tyros5.
- Include your own text messages into the pad’s copyright field for acknowledging authorship, providing web links, etc.
- Alternate intros and endings
- Instrument solos
- Comp patterns
- Organ pads & fills
- Drones (e.g. banjo patterns)
- Dance loops
- Special effects
This page updated onJanuary 15, 2015.