OpenText (Version 1.4.3) is a program that displays a pdf file, or a page in a pdf book, when a registration is selected on a PSR, CVP or Tyros.
To install or update the program:
- Download OpenText143.msi
- Double click on the msi file to install OpenText on your computer.
OpenText is a program that displays a pdf file, or a page in a pdf book, when a registration is selected on a PSR, CVP or Tyros.
How it works
Normally, selecting a registration does not send any identifying messages to the PC, so there is no way for the PC to respond to a specific change in the instrument’s setup.
OpenText works around this limitation by creating a special midi song file that, when loaded by depressing the registration button, sends a message which triggers the display of an individual pdf file or a page from a song book on the PC screen.
- Supports up to 10,000 individual song files or a similar number of pages in each of 12 Song Books.
- Song Files display in a single window as multiple tabs. Song book pages display in a single window. There is no need to clear the screen or fiddle with PC controls.
- OpenText uses free PDF readers to view files.
- Original files are not modified.
- Works with all recent PSR/CVP/Tyros instruments and Windows based computers.
This page updated on May 6, 2012 .