- Use Start/Control Panel/Uninstall and remove all exiting versions.
- Download the Midifix fullpackage (version 2.2.3).
- Unzip to an empty folder.
- Right click on Setup.exe and select Run as Administrator. When prompted, please accept the default file location, and do not allow replacing newer files with older ones.
Then, update to the latest version:
- Download the Midifix_update package (version 2.2.6).
- Unzip to an empty folder.
- Copy the files to the C:\Program Files\MidiFix folder. When prompted, please allow the operating system to replace older files.
MidiFix corrects several problems with midis made or used on a keyboard:
- Drums on channel 9 do not reproduce on General Midi sound cards.
- Midis made on a PSR2000 can play ½ step lower after a voice change made by changing a registration.
- Lyric and text events using special European or Russian characters do not display properly on the keyboard.
- Yamaha Chord Events do not appear in programs such as VanBasco’s Player.
- Some keyboards display only an internal title.
- Handclaps that do not belong will sound as a midi is played.
- Fix Drums transfers all standard midi events on track 9 to track 10. This allows midi songs created on a synth that uses channel 9 for drums (e.g. Yamaha's PSR series) to be played on General Midi devices that support drums only on channel 10.
- Fix Transpose corrects the LSB Registered Parameter Control Change data value from 1 to 0. This prevents the Main/Left/Layer in midis made on a PSR2000 from playing ½ step lower when played from a sequencer using the instrument as a sound source.
- Fix Translation translates the special characters common in German, French and Italian fonts to English characters so that text and lyric events will display in the PSR.
- Fix Russian Font translates the special Russian characters to English characters so that text and lyric events will display in the keyboard.
- XF to Kar will take any Yamaha Chord Events found in the file and insert them as Lyric (text) Events so that they will display in instruments, Karaoke players, and sequencers that do not recognize chord events. In the PSR and Tyros keyboards, Lyric and Chord Events may be displayed in the Score screen; only Chord Events display in the Lyric screen.
- Optionally, the midi may be converted to the key of C to make it easier to ‘play along’ with the midi. When key conversion is enabled, a lyric with instructions for transposing the keyboard (in the Tyros/2K set Function / Controller / Keyboard / Transpose=keyboard) is provided. Yamaha Chord Events may also be transposed with the lyrics. Note that this will cause the vocal harmonizer to play erroneously. Key conversion to “C” is performed only with the first key signature detected. Any chords after another key signature will be correct for the keyboard transpose value provided, but may not be in the Key of C.
- An option is also provided to include on Bass Chords in the lyric event, when they exist. The format “Chord on Chord” is used since many players do not display the “Chord/BassChord” format in the same manner.
- Fix Title will add a title based upon the filename at the beginning of the file. Some midi players only display the internal title. This function can be used to create one.
- Fix Handclaps will mute all handclap events in the selected file.
This page updated on August 6, 2012 .