The PSR Tutorial is for owners of Yamaha arranger keyboards, both mid-level (PSR-S970 - PSR-2000) and upper-level (Genos, Tyros5 - Tyros1). Whether you are a professional musician or an amateur home enthusiast, you will find useful information in the hundreds of pages available here. Our focus is on helping everyone learn how to get the most out of their keyboard.
This is the Home page of this site. The other links at the top of this page (and every page) take you to the eight main sections of the PSR Tutorial:
- Lessons - The Lesson section provides new (and experienced) users with step-by-step guidance on how to get the most out of your Yamaha PSR or Tyros keyboard.
- Songs - Listen to and/or download thousands of songs (midi and mp3) provided by gigging musicians and talented home players created on keyboards just like yours.
- Styles - Are you looking for more styles? There are tens of thousands of styles available for download in this section as well as other files (multipads, musicfinder databases, registrations, voices) that Yamaha owners will appreciate.
- Music - Look here for music information useful to any keyboard owner: a list of US fake books and their contents, a variety of "top song" lists, advice for gigging musicians in the "Pro Clinic," project suggestions and articles, plus an entire 39-week course: "Secrets of Chords and Chord Progressions."
- Utilities - A host of useful computer-based programs are available that help you get the most out of your keyboard. You'll find them here with descriptions and links.
- Links - Look in this section for pointers to other internet sites that have additional support for Yamaha keyboard owners.
- Orders - You can spend days downloading files from this site or you can simply order one or more of the PSR Tutorial USB drives and easily have enough material to keep you busy for a year or more. Ordering any of the available resource collections makes you a "Supporting Member" of this site.
- Forum - All of your questions may not be answered in the Lessons section, but you can always go to the Forum for more help. Ask any keyboard-related question and one or more members of the Forum, friendly and experienced Yamaha owners, will be happy to help you out.
New items are added to the site on a regular basis. The What's New page is updated whenever new information is added to the site. You'll also find a complete history of all additions to the site on that page. The 10 most recent additions are always shown at the top of this page in the "Recent Additions" box. For a quick overview of all of the resources available in the PSR Tutorial, check out the PSR Tutorial Site Directory. Note that you can always get to the What's New page or the Site Directory from the links in the home page banner. The PSR Tutorial is managed and maintained by Joe Waters, Glen Allen, VA ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
This page updated on May 24, 2018.